Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

30 Miles in 30 Days Challenge - May Week 3

I feel awful that I am hosting this challenge and not at all meeting the expectations. Just for the record, I'm still being active and at least not gaining weight anymore. WHEW! But now I gotta get over this hump of binge days and begin the losing cycle. It's definitely a process, but I'm gonna do it! Also, I hate to say this...but I am not going to be hosting the 30 in 30 for June. I am really going to focus on my personal weight loss goals and I'm will be switching up a lot of my workouts and (hopefully) still doing Insanity. I would love to have someone else take over hosting it...or maybe I will just let it go away and possibly bring it back in the fall. Let me know if you'd want to host the linky for others!
 

Don't forget to show some love to the sweet Ms. Sarah who created this super cute button for the link up!
 
So button up and let's keep each other motivated!
The Pink Growl Link Up  
 
If you want to stay connected with me during the week, I am posting some updates via Twitter & Instagram {nikkib918} too. #30milesin30days Kelly & Lins are also promoting this link up along with their own - Fitness Fridays! Check it out and link up your 30 Miles story for more people to get inspired by. AND Kristine has a great link up All the Way Strong that can help motivate us all! I'm so glad to have all these ladies, plus the rest of you linking up on board!! THANK YOU!
 photo BeAllTheWayStrongButton_zps4a99d071.png

 
Updates on This Week's Progress:
  • I was doing SO WELL then I had a binge day..then a good day, then another binge day....ugh ugly evil cycle
  • My new shoes haven't came in the mail yet, so I'm still struggling with shin splints - I have rearranged my Insanity schedule a little to accommodate
  • My Fitness Pal & My Polar FT4 HRM are GREAT motivational tools for me! If you want to friend me on MFP my username is {nikkibradley918}.
My total miles for Week 3:
Friday 5/17
~3 miles walking at work - I worked out in the field this day walking neighborhoods
 = 3 miles total

 Sunday 5/19
~2 miles stationary bike
= 2 miles total

TOTAL MILES FOR WEEK 3:  5 miles!
Total Miles for Challenge: 11 miles!
Only 19 more to go in 8 days!
  
What were your challenges this week?
Photobucket

12 comments:

Amanda aka Manda said...

You're doing awesome...getting 11 miles in this month on top of everything else you're doing. You got this!!

Anonymous said...

I hope this link up stays! I like it.

Helene said...

i am such a binge eater. its awful. and fyi this challenge has made me try and calculate the number of miles i do and hold myself accountable!

Erin @ Sugar Magnolia said...

It is such a vicious cycle..I have eaten like absolute shit this week!! I will do good for awhile and then have one "bad" meal and then the next few days eat like crap b'c "who cares I've already screwed up"

Wine and Summer said...

You are doing amazing girl! Don't let a few bad days drag you down!

Kristine -Heart Shaped Sweat said...

I think we all get in little ruts like this! It's all good chicka! You're still doing awesome! Hope your tennies come soon, it's always fun to get new fitness gear :))

Jordan said...

I've been seeing your Insanity updates on MFP and you're doing an AMAZING job! People don't know how crazy that workout really is. I am so proud of you for sticking with it! KEEP IT UP GIRL!

BREI said...

Love this link up. I'm late to the party so I think I will start this in June.

Unknown said...

Drat, I wish I had found you at the beginning of May instead of towards the end, I would have loved to do 30 in 30. Darn me and my lack oh luck. Ha! I am in the same boat with the binge eating days, had one of Tuesday (thank you Taco Tuesday you evil temptress)... I'm still feeling a little bullfrog about it. However I'm pulling myself up by my running shoe laces and looking forward not behind. I even gave up fast food, now we know things got serious! http://smilingrunningshoes.blogspot.com/

A Muse in Purple said...

Keep it up girl! Don't you hate that when you fall off the wagon, one day it's oh just one cupcake, the next ok just one burrito at taco bell. AHHHH dang it stop it! hahaha!

Unknown said...

Kepp it up lady! You're still logging something which is awesome!!

Faith said...

I know what you're saying. One day I'm great, the next day, not so much. I think just the fact that you're still doing it means something.