Hmmmm what have I been up to in the past couple of weeks that I could tell you about?
- John Legend – sweet talked my way into seeing him in concert a couple weekends ago and he was AMAZING! Probably one of the most intimate concert settings I’ve ever been to, and I had a pretty cute date so I was a happy girl. Some babies were definitely made that night! (not by me) Of course I didn’t take any pictures or videos, but trust me if you get the chance to go see him GO!
- I’ve decided to take a little break from dating and boys. I just need a breather. I’ve been exhausted lately by so many aspects of the dating game. And wouldn’t you know it, week two into this break and my face is suddenly ALL cleared up! No boys = no stress. AND a guy who I’ve had a huge crush on for a while finally asked me out. But I said no. I was serious about taking the break! I have a couple of dating posts drafted, but sometimes I just can’t find the right words to say…
- I survived what would have been my 1st wedding anniversary. Weird thing to say, right? But if Skye and I would have actually made it down the aisle then 4/27 would have been our 1 year anniversary. It’s completely insane to think how much my life has changed since we set that date!! I spent that Sunday praising God for all the ways He has worked & healed me since last year (when I spent that same date on the floor bawling my eyes out in WalMart and had to be carried out of there.) A lot can happen in a year!! And I'm sure my perspective will be even more changed by next year.
- Last weekend I went to see Kacey Musgraves, Billy Currington & Lady A in concert (I’m a concerting fool). I’ve always liked them, but was so impressed by seeing Billy & Lady A live. Such a great show! And I’ve had a girl crush on Kacey for a while so now I love her even more, she was awesome! And she always has the cutest boots, I might add. One of my fav parts of the concert was when Billy sang Bruno Mars “Treasure”! I love it when artists mix it up and sing other genre songs. And you know they killed it in Knoxville when they broke out Rocky Top.
- As you read this, I am on my way to Charlotte to see Judah Smith on the Jesus Is Tour. I AM SOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!! Read his book (Jesus Is ____) a couple weeks ago and I can't wait to hear him speak and to worship at Elevation Church! Here is the promo video for the tour. PS- It's FREE if he is coming to speak at a city near you!
That about covers it! Consider yourself up to date on my life. I have a nice long weekend that I fully plan on enjoying so I hope you enjoy yours too.