Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

Weekend Update

WHEW I can tell it's Monday and this Monday ain't no joke! East Tennessee (along with everywhere else around the country) is experiencing quite the cold front right now. I'm all for snow, but I'm not a fan of this ice crap and only 1 inch of snow. NO THANK YOU! Tonight it's supposed to get down to a wind chill of -5 degrees. I'm not sure it's been that cold here within my lifetime. It's crazy! And freezing temps like these make my work day VERY interesting in the natural gas business. Heating people's homes is our main priority right now. I'm rambling.... I just got out of my first REAL staff meeting in my new position at work.
 
I can't remember if I've blogged about this or not, but I got a promotion at work! It's pretty exciting and includes a bigger office and lots of travel so you won't catch me complaining. 2014 is really going to be a fantastic year for me, I can already tell. I have a special post coming up tomorrow that will touch more on this and answered prayers. So many exciting things are shaping up in my life right now, it's really awesome to see things play out and I CANNOT wait to see what else unfolds. (fingers crossed for man of my dreams!)
 
And speaking of fantastic things...I found this nice little BuzzFeed the other day about being 29. If you have reached the your late 20's then go ahead and check it out. I dare you to tell me one thing that isn't absolutely spot on!
 
My weekend was awesome and pretty low key. That's seriously what I say about every weekend these days. I saw Anchorman 2 Friday night, and loved it. Not quite as good as the first one, in my opinion but still hilarious. I may or may not still have a slight crush on Brian Fantana.
 
 
I'm on the go today, so that's about all I have for you. But happy Monday and I hope everyone is safe and warm out there!
 
 

Photobucket

27 comments:

Tracy said...

Wooohooooo for a promotion!! That's awesome :) I miss traveling for work...sometimes! I either had to travel 90% of the time or none...was exhausting!

I'll fight you for Paul Rudd in a HEARTBEAT!!! He's a Kansas City boy and MINE!! I don't even care he's like a foot shorter than me ;)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your promotion! That's very exciting!!! :)

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

Congrats on the Promotion! So excited for you!

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

congrats on the promotin!! 2014 is going to be amazing for you and i can't wait to tag along on your journey!

kathy
Vodka and Soda

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

Congrats on your promotion!!

Britt said...

Wooohooo! Promotions rock! I didn't get one until my current job and I'm 27...feels like you're supposed to get one way sooner but it makes sense to get, you know, established in your career and stuff. Congratulations to you!

Life of a Little Songbird said...

Girl you better bundle up! Its getting down to 19 tonight where I live in Florida! Craziness! We barely hit freezing temperatures usually.

Helene in Between said...

I'm so glad to hear you liked anchorman! i am dying to see it! low key weekends are the best sometimes! congrats on your promotion!!

Lisa @ Naptime Chai said...

Congrats on the promotion! That's awesome. And I had no idea it was that cold in Tennessee... yikes! In Chicago it's like negative 40, but I like to think we're almost used to it. Kind of.

Jordan said...

1) Congrats on the promotion! SO happy for you and proud of you! And you get to do some traveling? That's exciting! 2) YES. I loved Anchorman! I thought I was the only one who enjoyed it! The first one is better of course but it was good considering it's a sequel. "Your hair looks like wet popcorn." 3) Can't wait to hear what you have to share tomorrow! <3

Nikki said...

Congrats on the new position!

Unknown said...

New to your blog (which is fabulous...I completely agree, glitter, gold, growls = perfect!). Congrats on the promotion and stay warm!!!

Unknown said...

Yay for changes in 2014!!! And hello cold - the worst part? WE STILL HAVENT GOTTEN ANY SNOW. If it's going to be less that 20 degrees I need the white stuff.
Happy Monday love
xoxxx

Ashton @ A Fluffy Girl said...

Ahhh I want to see Anchorman 2 so bad!! I'm glad you said it's good, I've heard a mix of opinions about it! But I didn't realize you worked for a natural gas utility, I work for an electric cooperative! And my manchild works at a natural gas processing plant...how weird!

Shannon Q. said...

Yahhhh!! Congratulations on the promotion and the traveling is going to be awesommmmmee!

Anonymous said...

congrats on your promotion sweet girl! You totally totally deserve it!

Kait said...

It is 4 freaking degrees outside and I have no motivation right now! In other news, I love that BuzzFeed article :) Hope your 2014 is off to an amazing start! XO

Monica L said...

Congrats on your promotion! We had a high of -15 today in Chicago. AWFUL! I need to move someplace warm as soon as possible!

Amy @ Living n Learning said...

Congrats on the promotion girl!

Young and Fabulous said...

YAY for promotions!! Congrats girl that is SO AWESOME!! :-)

gotta love Buzzfeed for their articles!!

STAY WARM CHICA!!

xoxoxo

Christina said...

-5 is just rude. Yay for a promotion!! Congrats! Off to read that article bc I am the lovely age of 29!

Lauren Loeffel said...

This weather though...ugh! I HATE it! Makes me want to take a vacation every winter lol!

Congrats on your promotion!!! :D

Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre said...

Congrats on your promotion!!! Bigger office and travel you go girl!!!! That Buzzfeed...because cough cough this girl over here is 29....loved it! I was like "yup and yup...white wine at the bar...yes..check".

Amanda aka Manda said...

I can TOTALLY relate to that list. Too funny!

Ashley said...

congrats on that promotion lady - you deserve it!! and whoo hoo for 2014 holding good things!!

Alyssa said...

Congrats on the new job, sounds so exciting!!

shannon said...

you're a late 20s lady too!?

YAY FOR US.