Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Cameron Bumpdate: 39 weeks!


How far along: 39 weeks today! Going back to the doctor this afternoon for my last growth ultrasound. Scheduled to be induced on Friday, if nothing happens before then.

Baby is the size of a: Watermelon, Pumpkin! All the big round things! haha My apps say he's a little over 7 lbs. I can't wait to see what they say today at the doc.

Cat or mini skateboard according to my wonderful Ovia Pregnancy app


 
Sleep: Sleep has been a bit more of a struggle this past week or so. I don't feel rested at all. I'm certainly sleepy and able to fall asleep but once I wake up it's harder to shut my mind off.

Total Weight Gain: I think I'm up to 31-32 lbs now. Which puts me over my ultimate goal that I only wanted to gain 30 at the most. Oh well!



Stretch Marks:  None that I can see - there are plenty areas of my body that I can't see very well right now though. Out of sight, out of mind is fine by me!

Innie or Outie:  Innie for the winnie!

Symptoms: I'm an emotional wreck. I cry because I'm happy, I cry because I read something sad, I cry because I'm anxious, or scared. The tears feel like a constant these days. I really don't like that!!!!! Other than that, physically I'm in really good shape. I am so thankful this pregnancy has been "easy".
 
Movement: My big boy is still very active. It's funny now to watch his movements when he gets going, but also a little painful.

Miss anything?:  Not being constantly hot. I am sweating, or on the verge of sweating, 99% of the time. Of course we are having unseasonably warm weather for late November, but still. I can't stand it. I wish we would have a record cold snap!
 
Maternity Clothes: Rotating what few maternity outfits I have, and that's fine with me. Definitely ready to wear some of my normal clothes again.
Go-to eats: I'm about 50-50 on eating healthy. Not craving anything special though.

Best moment of the week: When my doctor approved me to be induced!!! I was SO happy to have an end date in sight. Of course, I have second guessed that a million times since last Friday when we scheduled it, but I am definitely ready to get this ball rolling.
 
Gender: BOY BOY BOY!!!!

What I’m looking forward to: Holding my baby!!!! This will be a reality in a matter of DAYS!

Milestones: I think it's a milestone to make it to 39 weeks. I have thanked God so many times that Cameron wasn't a preemie. It's definitely difficult to share your body with a growing baby, but it's such a miracle. It's so hard not to wish the time away so I can meet him face to face, but also to savor this sweet alone time that I have. It's such a personal, special experience.

You can follow me on Instagram for updates as we get closer to our due date!
Photobucket


1 comment:

Nikki said...

So exciting! Praying everything goes smoothly for you!