When I saw the prompt for this week's Listable Life I had to link up with Nicole! As weird as it sounds, I've been thinking about doing a post like this recently. However I didn't know how to do it without sounding like an idiot - enter Listable Life and here you go! Link up & complain away about yourself! Sometimes we all need to vent, especially about ourselves, right?
5 Things that Drive Me Nuts About Myself:
1. I'm too hard on myself. I know it, I can admit it, but I just can't seem to change it. I think we are all hard on ourselves to some extent. I seem to especially target my physical features when playing the self-harassment game. I hate my nose, especially from a side view. I broke it 3x when I was younger so it's all jacked up. I've extensively considered having a nose job, but I've heard the recovery is awful - remember Alexis recently on Real Housewives of OC? I'm a big wuss so the pain really deters me. That's just one example of how I talk myself into feeling bad about silly things. Chubby thighs, breakouts and weird eyebrows are other areas where I can scrutinize myself.
2. I am obsessive about being early. I have complete freakouts if I arrive somewhere on time, which to me is late. I always aim to be at least 15 minutes early - granted, this usually leaves me waiting on others but I'm ok with that. If I hit traffic in the mornings on the way to work then my brain starts worrying overtime about being late. This leads to road rage, which is just not safe.
3. I cannot hide my feelings with my facial expressions. I've been told this many times that you can tell the way I'm feeling based on my facial expression or body language. I'm a very
blunt straight forward person, so I guess this isn't necessarily a bad thing. However, it has gotten me in hot water at work and in awkward situations. I'm just not a fake person - If I don't like you then you know it so I have a hard time faking being ok if I'm not.
4. I am developing anxiety problems. And I am physically manifesting them. Within the past 2 years or so, I have noticed myself getting an anxious feeling in certain situations. When I get this uncomfortable/anxious feeling I begin to get hivey-like red splotches on my neck and chest. It doesn't hurt, it just looks funny. Like a flushed face when you get embarrassed, it soon goes away. It really makes me feel self conscious though - anyone else struggled with this problem and overcome it?
5. I'm a grudge holder. I have actually made a significant effort to work on this ugly habit. I'd like to tell you that maybe it's gotten better, but I can't say that with 100% certainty. I'm fiercely loyal to those who deserve my loyalty. The instant that someone betrays my trust, I want to forever cut them off. I have an uncanny ability to just walk away from people who hurt me and never look back. I know it's awful, but it's true. I really want to make an effort not to take some things so seriously and work on this in the future though. I feel like being mad at someone forever only hurts me, not them.
Basically I think we can chalk up all my annoying habits to having control issues. Hmmmm....image that!! You know I'm a work in progress - Love me anyhow?? :) So obviously I need some advice on how to become more of a laid back person! To all my other Type A personality freaks out there - what do you do to help yourself be ok with not being in control all the time?