Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Keep Calm & Carry On

Happy Tuesday love bugs!  Today's treat for you is the ever popular Ms. Katie from Keep Calm & Carry On! When I found her blog it was like love at first sight - not just with her (even though we all know she's gorgeous!), but with her little pom Rocky! Tilly and Rocky have a lil somethin' somethin' going on, but keep that on the DL because Rocky is a ladies man.



Hi there, friends!
The name is Katie, and I write over at Keep Calm and Carry On
Although you can't see my face in this pic,
 I just wanted to be clear that that man right there next to me is in fact taken. ;)
That's my hubby, of course. 

The lovely Nikki asked me to fill in today for her and I want to talk about working out and/or working out style! Since I love them both dearly and it's summer, I figure why not combine them. Genius, I know.
But first, I have to mention, did you know that Nikki's pup and my pup 
are boyfriend and girlfriend?
It's true! They are the cutest, I tell you.
Anywho, my husband and I are both pretty active people
 (he plays hockey...I play soccer and run), 
and he motivates me to stay fit.
Mainly because he is 596 times better looking than myself.
It's true.

Anyways, over the years I've found one constant factor when it comes to my work out style and how I stay fit:
I have to LOVE it!
It's a simple concept, but oh so important.

+If you love and feel comfortable in what you are wearing, you will have a kick butt workout.
+If you dig deep and find what activities you enjoy doing the most, it won't seem like that much of a workout! (until after when you're a sweaty mess).
+Get out of the gym! (think about going kayaking-this is a great workout!)

Here's what works for me:
-Anything and everything NEON (this goes for clothes, and shoes!)
Currently, I run in Brooks Pure Cadence running shoes.
I swear by Brooks shoes..they're the best.
and these? they feel like you are walking on air.


-Form fitting (but not too tight) clothing...my favorite workout attire is from Target and Old Navy right now because they are so affordable, comfortable, and trendy!
-And of course, you need a bag that is just as equally cute to tote all your stuff in.


I use this Lululemon bag and let me tell you, it was worth every penny.
I love this bag so much and when it's sitting in my room looking all pretty, it reminds me to pack it up and go work out! 
-As far as working out, I enjoy running the most, but let's be honest, I get bored. 
Everyone gets bored. 
You won't see results if you keep doing the same things over and over again.
 It's so important to strength train as well!
 My other favorite workouts are spin class and TRX.
Haven't heard of TRX?
It's that new workout where you use your own body as resistance 
and hang from those scary looking ropes.


Don't be intimidated.
I just started doing TRX not too long ago, and fell in love with it in the first class.
It is perfect for those of you that don't like lifting weights (me!), 
but still want to get definition and be toned.

Go try something new and get out of the gym this summer! 

What do you do to stay in shape?
Is your workout attire important to you?

Now, stop on over to my blog, say hello, and get to know me more!
 (click here for a recent post that may or may not feature my husbands good looking cousins who resemble the Magic Mike cast. Yup, it's true.)

xo.

4 comments:

Katie said...

thank you for having me love! I love Tilly and Rocky's picture :)

Krysta said...

Oh, hello here Miss Katie. I need to try TRx. Our class is currently scheduled at 2:00pm (aka-naptime). I am trying zumba toning today and Spin fit on Friday and I did Barre Fit yesterday, plus I'll go hiking this weekend. You keep me motivated to try new things and just keep moving. Serious. For reals, reals.

Lauran {The Real Young Housewife of Southern VA} said...

They have TRX at my gym! Been thinking about taking it... but want to wait as Ive only just started going! Second night of Zumba was yesterday!

Jess Casey said...

Great guest blog!!! My gym has TRX too but it's one of those classes I feel embarassed to take. lol. Heading over to check out more! Both Tilly and Rocky are TOO CUTE!