I wanted to share with you a few lessons that I learned over the rainy labor day weekend:
1. Car wrecks suck! See a picture of my poor wrecked car here. I'm feeling much better today and my soreness is starting to fade away, but I miss my car! I should find out today or tomorrow whether they are going to total it or try and fix it. I'll keep you posted! I am very thankful for all your sweet comments the other day - luckily, the only damages were to cars and not to bodies.
2. Nothing makes you feel better when you're gloomy over a smooshed car than this little face! A close 2nd would be watching the #retroMTV The Hills marathon allllll weekend long. I forgot how much I loved that show!
3. I can't find the pandemonium book anywhere! I looked all over Knoxville this weekend. Guess I will have to order it on Amazon. I'm ready to find out what happens next. It was a rainy Labor Day weekend - thanks to Hurricane Issac - so no lake time. It would have been the perfect time for me to hibernate with a book.
4. I hate veils! I went on my first outing to try on wedding dresses yesterday. I was worried about it because I typically am not a big fan of trying on lots of clothes. I get frustrated easily when things don't look the way I want them to. However, I had a blast and I felt so pretty! I brought my MOH, aunt, cousin, soon to be mother-in-law and step mom with me. It was like playing dress up! I found 3 gorgeous dresses, but since it was my first time I wanted to check out a few other shops before choosing a winner. But lesson learned: veils are not my style! They remind me of creepy corpse brides - weird, I know!
5. The life of a cop's wife during football season will frustrate me to no end. I try not to complain very much about Skye's work schedule. We are so blessed that has a job that he loves and I'm so proud of him for the work he does. BUTTTTT...I do get a little pissy when I have to spend holidays alone and HE'S NOT OFF FOR ANY UT FOOTBALL GAMES THIS YEAR! I could die. I know that's so stupid and minor, but it's the way I feel so there. Grrrr!
Let's get excited for a 4 day work week! WOOT WOOT!