Since it's my birthday and I run this show I am spreading some wisdom today. This year has been a year of great change and growth for me. It completely blows my mind to think how different my world was one short year ago. But ya live, ya learn and ya move on from things that hold you back in life. I hate getting older. I've always struggled with it. 29 scares the hell out of me! But at the same time, I know this will be a year of great change too, in a positive way! And I am ready to make things happen!
|My new lock screen says it all|
20 birthday wishes + 9 life lessons = 29th birthday
20 Birthday wishes:
1. Luke Bryan - you know I HAD to!
2. gold iPhone 5s
3. fall in love
4. meet Kasey Kahne
5. travel somewhere new
6. stop lying about my age - YEAH RIGHT...
7. run the hell outta that half marathon in March
8. a winning season for the Vols - a girl can dream!!
9. blogger meet up this year in Nashville
10. more craft nights with my girls
11. find a skincare routine to prevent wrinkles since I'm old...or get botox
12. give back more
13. tithe regularly
14. treat myself regularly - massages, facials, pedis - I deserve it!
15. spend more time with my grandparents & cousins
16. more hugs
17. maintain the 5am club
18. visit a vineyard
19. go to an NFL game (can you believe I've never been)
20. tell every single one of you how much I love you as much as I possibly can
9 Life Lessons:
1. If God brings you TO it, then he bring you THROUGH it. I promise, I have been through PLENTY of bad things in my life and every time, with HIM I’ve landed on my feet at the end of the day. Psalm 18:2 “The lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.”
2. Don’t be a fair weather fan. Pick your team, run with them always. Coming from a Vols fan, I feel like I have mucho experience in this area.
3. Hand written thank you notes will get you far with people.
4. Always pick the boy who makes you belly laugh.
5. Cute panties can change your mood, always invest in cute underwear.
6. Love with your whole heart. I’m probably not the best person to give that advice, but it’s true. There is nothing better than loving someone so completely and getting that same love in return. It’s scary, but worth the risk.
7. Work to live, not live to work. This is my daddy’s advice really. I love my job! I am very blessed with it, and I get paid well to do what I do. However, family and home must always come first.
8. Learn to drive a stick. It will pay off
9. At any given time keep these in your purse/desk/car: compact, mascara, lip gloss, tampon, ponytail, floss – you never know when you’ll need those items. Oh and an airplane bottle of JackD – kidding…. Sort of…..
|Got my free Birthday Starbucks so I'm ready to rock today!|