Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Confession Session

Somebody needs to fire me from blogging...effective immediately. Apparently Wednesdays are my groove where I like to confess things so let's try this again this week. On hump days, we confess with Ms. Kathy.
HDC button
 
 
I confess...
 
Every time I do a "confessions" post, I sing Usher all day long

I think me and The Single Woman might really live parallel lives. This just nails it. And with pink glitter? I couldn't love it more.
 
Lately all I have done is glorify the busy in my life and even though I do feel like I'm always busy, I'm making an effort to stop it. Nobody cares to hear me say 1039453498x a day how busy I am.
 
I know I'm getting old because last night I had ONE margarita and I was ready for bed by 9pm, but hey I don't necessarily hate that. When did I become such a lightweight??
 
I need to work on a dating post and update y'all - some weird things have been happening!

Speaking of boys... even though I say I don't have a type, I think I do. I try to go out with guys who have different qualities than I've ever liked, but in the end I'm just a country girl at heart. I like boys who drive big trucks, will watch every single Braves game with me, like to drive around back roads on a summer night or sit on the back of tailgate. I think my daddy was right when he said "no hipsters".

I have fallen victim to the new Bravo show Southern Charm

My nails have been without polish on them for a week...I can't remember the last time that happened. (I'm lazy....)
 
I really didn't LOVE the finale episode of HIMYM...I'm happy with the final ending, but I thought the episode was just strange. I only teared up once and I expected a steady flow of tears. I was just a little underwhelmed.
 
Speaking of finales...I really don't want to wait until October for The Walking Dead to come back either! But I am SO happy that Rick is looking back to his old self, I love that guy!

I realized this morning how pale I am... and it grossed me out. Ready for my summer tan!
 
After FINALLY seeing Divergent Monday night, I am so in love with Theo James
 
 
 Photobucket

31 comments:

Chloe said...

Himym was underwhelming. I didn't care for it either. The best parts were the baby and Lilly and Marshall still being them.

And yay for rick! We needed him to come back. I was half expecting Carl to die though.

P!nky said...

Pink Glitter....what dreams are made of right?!?!

My nails have been bare too, it's nbd. Can't wait to hear the dating stories, and I'm like you lady, one drink and I'm ready for bed during the week.

xoxo

Samantha said...

Ummm yes, you absolutely do need to do a dating post! I love reading those stories!

And country boys. Amen.

I can't decide how I feel about Southern Charm. I still DVR it, I watch it and I pay attention, but something about it just rubs me the wrong way - mainly Whitney & T-Rav. But Cameron (goodness she's precious) and Craig make up for it apparently.

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

to be honest, i thought HIMYM ended years ago so when i saw that the finale was happening, i was like, whaaaat? wasn't it cancelled 2 years ago?? oops, my bad.

thanks for linking up :)

-kathy | Vodka and Soda

Amy @ Living n Learning said...

Yes, please update us on the dating scene! Lol. I've been thinking about updating everyone on that myself. Now I just need to take the time to do it.

The Purple Front Door said...

I'd agree with your dad on the 'no hipsters' rule. Chilling on a back road on a tailgate with a fine country boy is where it's at! :) I can't wait to see Divergent! Theo James is so pretty...

Pamela said...

I've been wanting to paint my nails but haven't either!

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

Helllooooooooo THEO! Alright, I'll go see the movie. Twist my arm.

Cayla said...

I need to be fired from blogging too girl :) And yes to the HIMYM finale. Wasn't crazy about it, but it ended just how I expected.

Helene in Between said...

i literally NEVER wear polish. i just don't wear it well. meaning i pick at it. and yes i want an update on the boy situation :)

callie ;) said...

your dream guy sounds perfect!! <3

also, mike likes to tell the story that in our first months of dating, his favorite dinner date we went on was going to the sonic drive-through, taking our food to a park, and eating it in his truck bed. #romantic hahaha

Wine and Summer said...

Isn't Theo the greatest thing to happen!!

Amanda aka Manda said...

Why do you think I keep sending you snaps from her books and telling you to read them?!?

We are the same in our regards for country boys! Give me a tailgate summer night over a fancy restaurant ANY day!

I feel naked without nail polish anymore, which is funny bc I used to NEVER wear polish. Another thing I feel naked without right now...a tan. Sun Tan City...here I come!

Lindsay Erin said...

I always think of Usher, too! And every time I think of him I whisper his name in my head like Usher, Usher, Usher lol Oh the 90s. If it makes you feel any better I can't wear open toe shoes right now because my big toe has nasty half fallen off polish (all the other toes have completely grown out and the polish was cut off) - I'm too lazy to do anything about it so TOMS it is.

TheTinyHeart said...

I just blogged a whole rant about the HIMYM finale! I didn't cry at all, probably because I was too angry :)

-Sharon
The Tiny Heart
Cookbook Giveaway!

Lisa said...

Hi Nikki! Omg yes! Rick baby! I am so happy he's ''back'' and totally ready to lay a smack down on someone's ass. Ughh swoon lol ;)

Lisa,xo
http://chiclittlethrills.blogspot.com/

Jordon said...

Your daddy is SO right!! Country boys > hipsters all day, every day!

Erin @ Happily Obsessed said...

Oh Theo how I love thee!! Gah I was so sad when his show got cancelled!! I could stare at him A.L.L. D.A.Y. L.O.N.G.

Janna Renee said...

Oooh I can't wait to hear the dating stuff ;) I'm glad you liked Divergent!

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said...

Being a lightweight saves so much money!!

lil desiqua said...

Oh my, that Theo is fiiiiiiiiiiiiine! I'm even more excited to watch Divergent now! And I was passing out at 10 last night after like, 2 beers. So sad! #lightweightsunite

Jordan said...

OH MY GOSH YES. Four can get it. I hope you put that dating post together soon, I am intrigued!!

Unknown said...

I'm coming to that realization myself.. I thought I didn't have a type.. But it definitely goes back to the country roots. And a Braves game - EVery.Single. Time.

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

Theo is just gorgeous! You need to get that dating post together girl! Country boys are the best.

Sarah said...

omg southern charm, OBSESSED!!

I am so pale & i am a red head so its a lot worse. i need to start tanning asap

Anonymous said...

OMG - I am so obsessed with Divergent. I can't wait until it's out on DVD so I can watch it like a billion times. :)

Jill @ Bluegrass Belle said...

I've also been walking around w/no polish and it's lookin' raggedy over here. I too have been lazy! Maybe this weekend... ;)

Stephanie said...

yeah the finale was just eh. I didn't love it or hate it, it just wasn't anything special.
Hahaha I like your type. No hipsters!

Tricia Coniglio said...

I never polish my finger nails, only toes and I have been lazy with those but they look cute right now.

I can definitely relate to 1 drink kicking my @ss when I used to drink at least 10 in a night. well, maybe 7 or 8 but still that's an awful lotta drinx.

Jamie said...

I've been watching Southern Charm too- like I needed another Bravo show to add to the dvr.

Anonymous said...

I am so far behind on the walking dead, I need to get back in it!

I am the same way about always saying how busy I am, I am trying to work on it, but it's just so easy to blurt out.

"Ugh, I am sooo busy!"