Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Currently - July Edition


Listening - NEEDTOBREATHE new & old stuff
 
Eating - Can we just count everything? So much so that I had chips (plural) fall out of my sports bra the other day... yes I was wearing a sports bra for laying on the couch, eating chips and watching movies. That's about the extent of my sports bra usage right now.
 
Drinking - Milo's Zero Calorie Unsweet Tea is my FAVE!
 
Reading - I'm definitely on a reading kick right now. In the past 3 weeks I've finished:
-Serena by Ron Rash. I love me a good dark twisted crazy woman plot...not sure what that says about me. I'm looking forward to this movie and seeing JLaw play Serena. And there's always Bradley Cooper. (If you liked Gone Girl, I would recommend this - although the plot is much more straight forward).

-What Remains by Carole Radziwill. Carole is one of my favorite housewives so I had to read her memoir. It was a perfect combination of my love of RHONY & my Kennedy family obsession. Definitely a tear jerker though.
-Looking for Alaska by John Green. Apparently I just love all things John Green. This one will also be made into a movie soon, along with his other book Paper Towns. I like this one way better than Paper Towns, for what it's worth.
  
Feeling - CRAZY EXCITED about my mission trip! We leave on Friday and I can't believe that it's finally here! I'm anxious, excited, kinda nervous - just ready. I'm eager to see all the amazing things God is going to teach us while we are gone. A have a feeling a lesson in humility is coming up for me. Keep praying for us - for a safe trip, for our hearts to be open to how God can use us, for the people that we will have conversations with, for our mission!
  
Weather - Humidity is the devil, need I say more?
 
Wanting - An easy button. For relationships, to lose weight, for people in my life who I love and are hurting, to make everything fit together perfectly.



Watching - RHONJ is back y'all!!!! I'm so excited that Dina is back. My summer TV schedule is pretty lame other than Bravo. Hence my reading kick.
 

Photobucket 

19 comments:

Kristen said...

I must say, wasn't a huge fan of looking for alaska, i didn't hate it but i didn't love it. i havent read paper towns though.

Anonymous said...

Have fun on your mission trip! :) :)

P!nky said...

I've never heard of Serena, but I think I'll give it a try :)!

YAY MISSION TRIP! I've been praying for y'all and can't wait to hear about the amazingness that is your trip!

RHNJ YAY DINA!!! the twins are wak!

chantal marie said...

yea there are def no good shows on this summer :/ too bad the world cup is over! have the best time on your mission trip! i cant wait to hear all about it. Take lots of pics!

Erin @ Happily Obsessed said...

Sooo excited for you and your mission trip!! I can't wait to hear all about it!! I know you will touch so many!!!

Serena - I need to get that one. I LOVED Gone Girl.

OMG the twins and Amber are gonna bring soooo much drama. I CAN'T.FRICKIN.WAIT

Fran @ Sassy Southern Bride said...

Can't believe it's finally really time for your mission trip!! Prayers going up for you. I am also so excited cute little Dina is back on RHNY.

Shannon Q. said...

Love you girl!

henning love said...

hahah i love that chips fell out of your sports bra you crack me up nikki and have a great time on your missions trip, God will do wonderful and amazing things while you are there!

Amanda aka Manda said...

I'm so excited for your mission trip! I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back! I'll be praying for safe travels, all the lives you'll touch, and the amazing things you'll do!

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

I have been on a huge reading kick too. Have fun on your mission trip. Looking forward to lots of pics! Hope it is everything and more.

lil desiqua said...

I've heard of Serena and knew about the movie, but I didn't realize it was like Gone Girl. I LOVED Gone Girl- definitely adding to my reading list! Have a great time on your mission trip!

Amy @ Living n Learning said...

I could definitely go for an easy button myself! And I need to get my hands on a copy of Serena to read ASAP!

Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre said...

Seriously girl can this humidity be any worse??? I'll take one of those easy buttons please!

Jordon said...

ooo I have been looking for a new book to read! Excited to check out serena!

Anonymous said...

I am for sure going to to have to read Serena,I have been dying for a new good book!

I am SO excited for you and your trip! you are so amazing Nik! go out and share it with the world!!

Steph G said...

Yes to Dina. I missed her. Also, I love love love What Remains.

Em @ gymandtonic-em.com said...

Hey there! I just found your blog and you had me with just the title! Love it! And omg the heat index made it feel like 100 flippin' degrees in Chicago yesterday...can it be fall yet??? The humidity is just the worst!

Jill @ Bluegrass Belle said...

I've come here like 4x intending to comment and got distracted everytime! I hope your mission trip is safe, blessed, and all you hope for! :)

Janna Renee said...

An easy button would be amazing!!