Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Weekend Update


First of all, thank you ALL for your sweet & encouraging comments to me after my woe is me post on Friday! I've said it before, but it's SO TRUE that your support means so much to me and it always makes me feel better.

Move to BlogLovin' Update: I did manage to get all my blogs imported from Google Reader into BlogLovin' YAY! That was easy enough. However....I have a problem with my blog's RSS feed so when my blog shows up on their platform it's a older version? I'm not really into all this technical crap so I have no idea how to fix it. If anyone can help - I would really appreciate it!
 
This weekend I needed some time to connect with myself and get my head in the right place. It was an absolutely gorgeous weekend in Knoxville - 75 and sunny on Saturday. I actually got a sunburn! I spent a lot of time with my family and felt very uplifted and productive. Since I'm trying to save money these days I didn't venture out and about to really celebrate St. Patty's day - which sucks to see everyone else having fun, but I knew I needed to be responsible. Ugh! I have a busy week ahead of me, which should keep my mind busy. I struggled through the absolute hardest mile of my life yesterday. My body was just not into it. My back, shins and calves were just screaming at me to stop. Hopefully tonight when I hit the gym, that little problem will not greet me again. It was awful! But we still have 2 weeks to go in the 30 Miles in 30 Days Challenge so I've got to keep moving forward.
 
Here's a glimpse at my uneventful weekend - via Instagram {nikkib918}
My gorgeous bracelet I got in the mail Friday from my sweet friend Manda - she is such a treasure in my life!

Running around town Saturday with my little 15&14 year old step-brothers - much needed sunroof sunshine & family time

After church snack on Sunday - I could drink these all day long

Sweet Tilly waiting on mama to quit working on Sunday so we could play outside
And here's a little motivation for your Monday (probably more for myself than you, but here you go anyhow) - Simple, yet hard to remember during a stressful moment.
 
Photobucket

25 comments:

Rachel said...

I am jealous of the nice weather you have there!!

Kalie said...

I wish I got a sunburn, I got more SNOW instead. Ugh. And good for you for pushing through that terrible mile, those are the absolute worst to finish. The worst are when your legs feel like they are 100 lbs each...

Sara Elizabeth said...

ah I saw your bracelet on insta and I loove it!! Also, the weather was ahhh-mazing in Atlanta too, it needs to stay like this!!

Erin @ Sugar Magnolia said...

The weather was amazzzing! Where do you get that iced coffee drink?? Please don't say Starbucks or I will feel like an idiot!

TheTinyHeart said...

Oh my gosh, I am SO jealous that it was 75 there. It snowed here on Friday and it's supposed to snow again tonight. Winter does not want to go away here :(

-Sharon
The Tiny Heart
Avon Giveaway!

Helene said...

your puppy is so cute!! and this is what the blog community is for! (In my opinion) to help you whenever you need encouragement.

Whitney Leigh said...

ok, we are in the same spot bloglovin' wise. I got them all imported, but the thumbnail is of my old blog. like- way old. It even had the old title. I got that changed, but I can't figure out the thumbnail. I finally said, "good enough." and went on with my day. haha let me know if you figure that one out.

Pamela said...

Love that last quote!! Following you on Bloglovin!

Chelsee W said...

Cute puppy!!! Omgsh I am so addicted to Starbucks Ice Coffee! Have a great day!

Ashley said...

I'm obsessed with that bracelet! Adorable.

Jordan said...

Yay I'm happy you got to spend time with your family and just enjoy your down time. I kind of wish I didn't spend so much time out this weekend, I am really feeling it this morning! I definitely needed to see that little reminder so thanks for sharing that. <3

Stephanie said...

Haha I love Tilly's bored face!! Just like Hawkeye. Good for you for having the willpower to take it easy this weekend. My hangover envies you.

Ashley said...

Love that bracelet!!

xo,
Sincerely Miss Ash

Anonymous said...

I just tried one of those iced coffees, I LOOOOVE them! So glad you had a good weekend my dear:) xo

Amy Shaughnessy said...

That bracelet is so pretty! I don't know much about how to fix that. I'm doing good to know how to update my blog daily! I'm definitely not a computer person.

Amy

Fashion and Beauty Finds

Wine and Summer said...

Sounds like just the weekend you needed.

I am so jealous of your weather...we had snow. Cool.

Amanda aka Manda said...

I'm so glad you like your bracelet! I love the picture of Tilly too! Howie was looking at me that same way this morning. Although it was to play tug of war...since it's been nasty and raining all day.

Jess Casey said...

You have NO idea how jealous I am of you. Sun roof open in March...ugh!!!

Because Shanna Said So said...

I really wish I could hug you IRL and drink some wine. Hang in there and glad you got to spend time with family...sometimes that is the BEST medicine!!!

Faith said...

Yup, my old blog is showing up on my bloglovin too. I'm too impatient to deal with it so I'm just leaving it alone.

Glad that you got the support you needed. Blog land is good like that :)

Have a great week!

Esme said...

Thank you for the quote! Glad you had a relaxing weekend! I also feel you about being responsible this your on St. Pattys I did the same :(

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

I didn't celebrate Patty either..I did eat a salad thats green and close enough.,xoxo!

My-cliffnotes said...

Tilly is so cute

henning love said...

tilly is so cute in that photo she looks like she would be saying to you mom can we go NOW please?? I have been waiting for a while...

erica said...

loving that bracelet and how cute is tilly! xx