Pages

Monday, February 23, 2015

Motivational Monday

It's Monday...
 
And after a week like last week, (which most people got to spend lounging at home, but I still had to make my way into work) I need a little motivation. PS - can you believe I'm blogging for the THIRD time with in a week??
 
Spreading the love today! Happy Monday my loves!
 
1. Treat yo self
I'm a huge Parks & Rec fan! I have adopted the treat yo self motto practically as my own. When you're single I feel that it really is necessary to treat yo self every now and then. You deserve it! That's what I told myself when I spend a crap ton of money last week during the snow/ice storm shopping online. A little treat yo self goes a looooong way in my book. Can be as simple as a Starbucks run, whatever your little heart desires. Indulge on a Monday!
source
2. After you treat yo self - treat someone else
After my Lent post last week, plenty of you little sweethearts reached out to encourage me. (I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!) It's so incredibly uplifting to be reminded of your magic when you forget. For someone from the outside looking in - heck, sometimes someone who has never even met you - to remind you that you're pretty awesome. Remember a time when someone reminded you of your magic - channel that today and lift someone up.
Source
Little Giveaway!! 
 Leave a comment and tell me someone you'd like to encourage this week & why. I have a $15 giftcard to Target I'm willing to give away to a random lucky winner just to brighten their day!

3. All aboard the healthy train - choooo chooooo
I have been eating like a horse. Also, I've been lazy. Lazy like a (insert animal that is incredibly lazy). We are about 3-ish months away from summer. Me continuing to eat like a horse will NOT make me a happy camper once lake season is here. I want to be proud of my body this summer! Even in a bathing suit. Back to the gym I go. I'm officially announcing here that I am training for a 5k in April. For the first time in like 2 years. Pray for me y'all - I MIGHT DIE! I probably can't even run a single mile right now. It's been many moons and many pounds ago that I even tried. I want to attract a boyfriend in the future who is into fitness too. It helps so much to have someone who can workout with you and encourage you.
 
My girls Cassie & Lindsay have been a huge inspiration to me with their fitness journeys so - y'all better keep me in line. Overall I'd like to drop 30 lbs from where I'm at right now. I know it won't be done overnight so please reach out to me and encourage me!
 
 
4. I am the nerdiest of nerds - and I'm so okay with it
When I was younger, I was a little embarrassed by how nerdy I was. A lot of my friends weren't into school like I was. Much less dinosaurs, history, science, reading and all the awesome things that I loved to learn about. I tried to hide it. I actually pulled a little Lindsay Lohan from Mean Girls and tried to act dumb a time or two. Then I had a teacher in high school who really taught me how much better it is to embrace your inner nerd. Being intelligent is attractive. And awesome. We all like weird things. My obsession with US presidents & the civil war isn't weird - it's just MY thing. Well, one of my things. (I feel like I have more "things" than most)
 
LONG winded story short - I have decided I am going to reward myself with this mug. After I lose 15 lbs (half my goal), that is. It's a nerdy gift and I LOVE IT! Back on the healthy wagon, plus a sweet reward for a prize.
Source

How's that for a Monday???
Photobucket

17 comments:

Christina said...

Amen to #1!! And not just bc you mentioned Parks & Rec, haha. I have decided that since I'm about to finish Whole30, I am going to reward myself with the uber fancy Buttercup blow dryer!! It's stupid expensive but I've ready so many crazy good reviews! Either that or upgrade my iphone...BIG decisions over here. HELP!

Joey Hodges said...

Omg that mug kills me!! And yay for blogging again!!

Jen @ South in the City said...

So glad to read your blog posts again!! I've missed them! I know you can accomplish any goal you set your mind to, you're a fighter girl!! I'll help you stay motivated if you can do the same for me! :-))) xoxoxo

nikki said...

I too have missed your blog posts! come back, if for no other reason than to keep me entertained!! xoox

lil desiqua said...

Own your nerdiness girl! I was a total nerd in high school, but I was also in marching band so it came with the territory :) Good luck with your 5k and sticking to your goals!

Unknown said...

Hi Friend! Way to go blogging so much! I like when you do. =) And I love your idea about the planned motivation when you meet a goal. I think I to do that. Something to look forward too bc I've got a lot more than 30 lbs to lose. So you aren't in this alone!

Ashley Robyn said...

I wish we could sign up for a 5k together. I need your monthly running link up to come back. That was one of the main reasons I ever started running to begin with. hehe You totally deserve to treat yourself friend. I try to remember that when I worry about something that I want.

henning love said...

treat yo self indeed!! im so sad the show is ending :-(

Tami Grandi said...

We can do this! I am in the same boat my friend (with the losing weight/getting healthy) Which 5K are you registering for?

Anonymous said...

Haha I would totally get that mug too, I love nerd humor, especially history nerd humor lol Also yay for Treat Yourself! Then Someone else!! You get it girl!

Pamela said...

Love that mug!

Fran @ Sassy Southern Bride said...

I am very pro "treat yo self" and make way too many stops at Starbucks driving into work. I am not a big fan of Abe Lincoln, but I am very pro inner nerd as well! Have a great week!!

Amanda aka Manda said...

I've been trying to think of rewards for reaching my weight loss goals too. I really need to lose some weight before vacation, otherwise my shorts won't fit. I'm so proud of you for signing up for the 5k!! Cassie and Lins have definitely inspired me too! So hopefully we can all help/inspire each other!!

Thank you for always helping to remind me of my magic! xoxo. Love you!

Cassie said...

love that you are back into blogging!! missed you.

well, i think kim and i just need to head down to see you for this 5k! we can join ya. so proud!!

P!nky said...

You rock that 5K lady!!!!

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

I think giving back is a win-win. All aboard the healthy train, soon enough Spring, then summer will be here.

Amy @ Living n Learning said...

I am going to join you on that healthy train! I set up a reward system that has been a huge help in getting me to the gym to workout lately. Now I need to get my eating under control like yesterday. I am so lazy I don't even want to grocery shop so I am living off of stuff that you can hold on to for forever like frozen waffles and instant oatmeal. I also skip meals or eat really light at work because I am so off schedule in the morning (hello warm flannel sheets!) that I "don't have time" to grab a lunch/make one. Seriously need to work on packing and planning ahead! But anyways...I'm with ya girl! Let me know if I can help ya in anyway!