Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Adventures in Babysitting

Tonight I am embarking on a babysitting adventure. Takes me back to my 16 year old days of watching kids for $8 an hour. Also reminds me of the days that I used to be obsessed with reading The Babysitters Club books. I wanted to start my own babysitters club until I realized that some kids are crazy! Anyhow, babysitting is an excellent form of birth control for me. And since I've had the ultimate baby fever lately, I gladly accepted the responsibility to babysit Cayson. I've mentioned him before, but in case you missed it, Cayson will be 3 years old in just a few weeks. He's a precious little boy that belongs to some of our best friends right now. Cayson's dad is in the police academy with Skye. He's a lil' puddin' face doll!
As much as I have been wishin' my life away these days, I feel confident that this babysitting gig tonight will clear that up for a while. Children tend to gravitate towards me and I'm not sure why. It's not that I don't like kids, it's just I feel like I have a low tolerance for their behavior sometimes. I have never been on my own with Cayson, so he has yet to try my patience. He's a cool kid so I'm looking forward to getting some time with him, away from his parents so we can bond :) He calls me "My Mouse" because he can't pronounce Nikki. He hears Nikki, thinks Mickey - like the mouse, hence my mouse was born. He's potty training too....so wish me luck!

On another note, here's a shot of my 2 babies last night just lounging with mom on the couch. Tilly always has demon eyes in pictures...hmmm...wonder why that could be.
Happy Weekend!

No comments: