Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Rant, Rant, Rant

I have a few things on my mind this morning that I just want to rant about-
  1. girls who stay with boys who treat them like shit
  2. friends who are hard to make plans with
  3. people who are one-uppers
#1 - My parents raised me not to take any shit...from anyone. It doesn't matter if it's your boyfriend, your best friend or your boss. Of course there are ways to be professional and mature about handling issues, but basically it boils down to not letting people walk all over you. When I was in high school, my first "real" boyfriend treated me like shit. He lied to me, cheated on me, called me fat and bitch, and yet I chose to forgive him and stay with him for 3 years. Once I realized that he had made me look like a complete fool for all this time, and I had just been making excuses for him along the way, I ditched him. I was 17 and my standards were obviously pretty low at that time. I knew about a couple times that he had cheated on me while we were together, but it wasn't until after we broke up that I found out allllll the times this had happened, and the drugs he had done and the disgusting things that happened behind my back. I have someone now, who I've been with for almost 7 years, who treats me pretty damn good. Now, I do understand that some girls have never had the luxury of having an amazing boyfriend so they don't know what it feels like to be treated right. HOWEVER, I have little tolerance or respect for girls that stick around with guys who cheat on them, treat them like crap and don't respect them, or do drugs (huge pet peeve of mine). If someone hurts you, they don't deserve to have you. I know that sounds very cliche, but it's very true. So listen up ladies - EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US deserves someone who will treat us at the very least with respect. Don't settle on your standards because you feel the pressure to settle down.

Next, #2 - I am guilty of this one myself sometimes, but usually if I say I miss you and I want to make plans with you then I try to follow through on that. I hate it when I have invited someone several times to make plans, and we can never make it happen. I realize that people have busy schedules, myself included often times, but how hard is it really to make plans with an old girlfriend for a couple of hours? That's really all I have to say about that one...

#3- This one just literally drives me nucking futz! :) When I am telling you a story, please do not sit there and constantly think of ways to one-up me. I'm sure there have been times when someone could have felt like I was doing this to them, as well. But I know that it was not intentional. You all know those people that I'm talking about, the ones who are constantly trying to beat us with their stories. They always have something bigger, better, nicer, faster, etc. than you. I have a girlfriend in particular, who always put me down (in her way of doing it) because I've had a long-term boyfriend and the fact that we haven't gotten married yet. When she was single she always wanted to hang out with us and talk about how lucky I was to have him, even if he didn't want to marry me - aka, back handed compliment. Not too long ago she met a guy and started dating him, they got engaged and have since gotten married - now that she has the perfect life she barely talks to me and I'm sure feels sorry for me because she still managed to get married before me. (Words that came out of her mouth at one point and time). Sometimes people who are one-uppers can just piss you off and sometimes they can hurt your feelings.

There, whew I feel better now that I've spoken my peace today!

No comments: