Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

5 Question Friday!


Okay so I've had a bit of a crazy week and haven't quite made time to tell you about it!
I'll get to that later, but for now let's have fun with Five Question Friday! Thanks, as always, to Mama M over at My Little Life for sharing!

Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear Friday morning and LINK UP!

Oh, and remember (pay close attention...this is the important one)...HAVE FUN!

Questions for Friday, December 9th: (Special thanks to @bloggerlinds (and @kandiipie too!), @kenedram, Sharayha, @bellismom and little old me for their question suggestions! I would love to link you in a future 5QF, so come on over to my community or watch for my Thursday afternoon shout out for questions on Twitter and offer up your best question suggestions! Remember to @5crookedhalos me and use hashtag #5QF if you go the Twitter route!)

1. What's the best Christmas present you've ever received?
That's a tough one! I'm quite the lucky girl and I have received quite a few good ones! This sounds cheesy I know, but since Skye and I have a Christmas-time anniversary it would have to be him. Our 7 year anniversary was actually yesterday - 10 days before Christmas. He is usually the great contributor to my tangible presents so it would all have to start with him! awww love!

2. Worst/Funniest White Elephant gift ever received?
A blow up doll.... at one of Skye's old work Christmas parties. We all took pictures with it and had a blast with that thing. I believe that would qualify as both the funniest and worst.

3. Is your Christmas tree plain and simple (white lights and matching ornaments) or is it wild and crazy (colored lights with lots of ornaments collected over the years)?
It's mostly simple. Red and gold color theme. With a few precious special ornaments scattered within. I'm really into the traditional red and gold christmas look though.

4. "How" do you iron your clothes? The old fashioned iron/ironing board way, the shower, back in the dryer, etc.
Funny you should ask - we've been having a bit of an ironing dilemma around my house! I iron with an old fashion ironing board MAYBE once a year. Skye irons quite often, especially his uniforms these days. So we've had 2 irons for a while - one circa maybe 1986 and the other circa 1997 maybe? Both old as crap. So I was cleaning out the linen closet the other day, and I threw one of the irons away. Hell, I never use them and so why do we need TWO? Well as it would turn out, I threw away the "better" one. Oops! Looks like we'll be getting a brand new 2011 model iron from Santa this year! oh joy!

5. How much baking do you do for Christmas and what are your "must make" items? (I'm looking for recipes here, peeps...)
I mostly partake in eating at Christmas. Since we are still in that phase where we are kid-less in our lives we are the ones who do all the traveling to visit everyone. It's not really easy to bring food to all the places we have to visit. But oh I long for the day when I can begin my own Christmas cooking tradition and not travel all around.
 
Happy Weekend Everybody!

1 comment:

Danna said...

Okay, the blow up doll is hysterical!!
Happy Anniversary!! I love having a Christmas-time anniversary as well. It seems so festive :)
I enjoy the eating portion of Christmas too, right now I cannot wait to have mashed potatoes and gravy :)