Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Weekend Update


I just realized that my girl Sami, from Sami's Shenanigans, was hosting a weekend update blog hop! Nothing quite says Monday like seeing all the weekend updates in my Google Reader.

Let's get this show on the road! First of all, I am giving you a rest from the lake pictures because I didn't make it up there this weekend. No worries, next weekend we'll be back in action on that front!

Saturday, I found my groove and got back on the workout wagon. IT FELT FABULOUS! I have a post in the works for you with my newest playlist additions that really helped me this weekend. I did an hour Zumba class Saturday morning AND THEN went to the gym and did strength training/ weights with my upper body. I was totally riding the endorphin high from Zumba and did not want to stop working out. I was feeling a little sore and tightness in my chest, shoulders, arms, but it actually felt good.

And I signed up for my FIRST 5K, Color Me Rad run in October!! (which I know isn't much to some of you, but it's a goal of mine for 2012). I'm so excited to have this goal to work towards! So excited that I went to the gym again yesterday and ran 1.5 miles. Here's the thing, I enjoy the exercise of running. I love the runner's high. However, I'm a little out of practice. I think that this will be the perfect goal to work towards and give me a reason to stay committed over the next couple of months.
So please give me a virtual pat on the back because I've been a major slacker lately with my eating and workout out habits, and I'm quite proud of myself for a good weekend!

It was a pretty soggy week here last week and that carried over some into the weekend so I tried rockin my best Messy.Dirty.Hair look...I love wearing my hair like this because you just scrunch and go. So easy! My hair is wavy, but not curly so it probably just looks messy. That's the point of Messy Dirty Hair, right??

In other weekend news, I FINALLY saw Magic Mike. Holy hotness, could Channing Tatum be any more sexy??? For those of you who haven't seen it (or for those of you who have and need a little happiness on a Monday morning) here's one of my favorite clips.

 
Happy Monday!!
Photobucket

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job at the gym girl (virtual pat on the back x100!!!)! I have heard such fun things about the color runs. You will have a great time and people say it has a laid back feel, so it's a great race to ease back into!

Love the messy hair look. The temps have been so bad this summer, I have bee turning to less "styled" looks too!


XOXO

Unknown said...

GO YOU!!!!!!! a bunch of my friends just ran the color run in philly and it looked so fun that i'm gonna do it next year!!!!! we can virtually support one another! :)

Sami said...

Oh girl that Magic Mike clip. I die! I might buy that movie just so I can watch that scene over and over and over hahah. Good for you for getting all that fitness on! I bought new workout shoes so that better motivate me :) Thanks so much for linking up darling!

Faith said...

You are gorgeous! Gorgeous! And your hair looks fabulous to me!

And that run looks like so much fun. I would love to do that! Normally I wouldn't put running and fun together but that really looks fun!

And I feel like the only lameo who hasn't seen the movie yet. Boo to me.

Megan said...

Nikki, won't you come and introduce that colour run here when you're done? Even I would participate, and I never run outside the gym!

It looks like killer fun!

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Mmm Magic Mike. Yummy!

Amy Shaughnessy said...

I have never tried zumba before. I think it would be so much fun.

Amy



Fashion and Beauty Finds

Unknown said...

haha they're making a Magic Mike 2 ;)

Aw congrats on the 5k!

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

I love your hair like that! If I scrunch mine it turns into buckwheat.

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

I loveee the hair! Looks fab!! I did the color run! It was aaaamazing! So fun!! My good friend actually does all the marketing for color me rad!! You're going to love it!! Xoxo Kelly

Julia said...

I still have yet to see Magic Mike but I really, really want to!

Kristin said...

you hair looks good like that!

Nikki said...

Your hair looks great! I need to start wearing my hair like that more often. Dont get me wrong I will go 2 or 3 days with out washing it but it ALWAYS ends up in a pony tail by the middle of day 2 and all of day 3. Fail!

I wanna do the color run in NJ when it comes. I stalk the website EVERYDAY to see if registration has opened!

Sarah said...

YAY for the 5K!!! I will be cheering you on!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Good for you!! You're on a workout roll! I just started Weight Waters last week and was doing great and working out...then I got the flu Monday and have been eating bad and no exercise :( I am actually looking forward to getting back on the wagon as soon as I'm better.

Lol I just watched the clip, even though I saw the movie. It amazes me how he moves his body! I wish there were more of that and less random women and boobs in the movie lol!

Thanks for linking up with us!

Elle Sees said...

Loves magic mike!!!! I'd see it again. Can they just cut amove of only his parts?