Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

5 Things Tag

Well remember when I promised that I would stop being a part-time blogger? Well I kinda lied. SO SORRY! On Monday I had two pretty major blessings happen - both of them good and both I have been praying A LOT about lately. Work life is really busy right now, but in a great way. Basically I'm just a blog slacker, but that's okay. I've been trying to spend less time on social media and quality time with my peoples and "quiet" time with God.
 
One of my favorite people on this planet, Jordan, tagged me in her 5 Things post and I love these fun little things so here you go! These are the questions she gave me to answer:
 
1. What artist/song/album do you have on repeat right now? 
Not sure if I can pick just ONE, but I do have a new obsession.
My new found loves - Walker McGuire - if you like country, check them out!

 
2. If you could see one artist/band perform before you die, who would it be?
Well top of that list would be Luke Bryan and Justin Timberlake and I've seen both of them before and will be seeing them both again in the next couple of months!! I would have to say I would love to see Elton John, John Legend, and Journey before I die.
 
3. What is one thing you have worked towards this year? Would you say it was a success?
I have worked so hard this whole year to find myself again. I would say it's been a huge success. I know this will be repetitive, but through the support of the people in my life who love me and my close relationship with God, I am in the most amazing place these days. So thankful for a year of growth! Psalms 46:5
 
 4. If you could go back in time, which age would you want to repeat? Why?
22!!!! This was my favorite age. I was working my first real job, had my first apartment on my very own (without roomies), had a perfect boyfriend, and life was carefree. Skye threw me a huge surprise party for my birthday that year, and bought me our first Pomeranian, Roxy. It was such a fun year! We really lived it up and made the most of being completely independent.
 
5. If money weren't an issue, would you live somewhere else? Where?
This is a toughie. I want to say YES absolutely. I would love to live somewhere else, but Knoxville will always be my home. My ideal place to live would be a nice house, out in the country on my very own Norris Lake. That's always been my dream.
 

29 comments:

Rachel said...

Can I go with you to see ole Luke perform?

P!nky said...

No worries about slacking, sometimes life just is more important. I'm glad you are feeling good!

Jordan said...

You're such a badass. I love everything about this post but obviously my shout out was my fave. :) That verse hit me hard. I don't think I've read it before. Absolutely love it! So proud of you this year Nikki! You're a boss!

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

You are making my like country girl! Love that song! Imagine a Luke and Justin collaboration?! Now that would be amazing! So glad you are finding your way and coming into your own! You rock!

Amanda aka Manda said...

Ok... I'm now hooked on that song! I'm so excited to be seeing JT with you in 22 days!!! I still love that verse! I think you've done an amazing job this year! We all slip sometimes, but watching you work and grow has been such a blessing!

PS: Let me know when you build that home, I'll be building right across the lake! To live on a lake has always been my dream too!

Pamela said...

I need to start digging into Psalms more because you always have the best verses to share!

Erin @ Happily Obsessed said...

Journey is awesome!!! I have seen them 3 times and each time they rock it!!!

Unknown said...

22 was my favorite age too!! Can we please go back to being that young?

The Peanut Program said...

I think 22 or 23 was my favorite age as well :)

oh, here were are 6 YEARS LATER!!!

it's okay to be a PT blogger. we will still enjoy you just as much! :)

Ashley said...

luke bryan!!!!! yes please!

Jordon said...

They are SO good! I love that song, omg!

Kristin Thompson said...

I LOVE Justin Timberlake! I want to see him in concert too!

Kristin
crumbsandcurls.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of Walker McGuire but I REALLY like that song. They are good!

I would love to live on a lake.

Anonymous said...

You have done such an amazing job in the last year, girl! YOU are awesome! :)

TheTinyHeart said...

I had less responsibilities at 22 but I don't think I'd want to go back to that age, ha. You've come SO far over this past year!

-Sharon
The Tiny Heart
Uncommon Goods Giveaway!

Duh! Danae said...

I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22! :) Love ya lady!

Alyssa said...

Loving that song, they have such great voices!

Wine and Summer said...

Omg I am loving this song!!

Jackie said...

I'm all about buying a house in the country somewhere. Access to a lake works too. And maybe some horses.

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

22 was a great age for me too; that and 27 :)

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Happily Ever Parker said...

Love this song!! I would love to see Ben Harper sometime in my life!

Young and Fabulous said...

ahh id so have to agree with going back to early 20s when responsibilities werent major, living it up in apartments, just feeling FREE!! im with ya sista

im coming with you to see journey. DYING to see them!!

xoxoxo

Ashley Robyn said...

No apologizing pretty lady. You are living life. That's the best part about your absence. We will all be here waiting to hear and support when you have time! Happy Thursday eve! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Because Shanna Said So said...

It has truly been a pleasure to see you come so far on your personal journey this last year!! HUGS, sister!!

Jennifer said...

love that verse. i really think i need to add it to my to do list to go see justin timberlake the next time he's in texas!

Elle Sees said...

i don't have a favorite age, so i'm hoping that means it just hasn't happened yet! :)

Whitney Leigh said...

Number four hit me. I will tell you why.

I've watched your grow over this last year since your engagment with Skye was called off. I remember my own heart breaking as I read your words. But I'm not kidding. You are such a different person than you were a year ago, and I only see little bits of you on the internet.

But where I was caught was when you reminisced happily of your time with Skye. Many people hold on the the bitter feelings when they are broken. Most people don't leave relationships like that with fondness. And to be able to see you say such great things about a memory, that just shows how amazing you are and how far you've come. Proud of you Nik. <3

Jamie said...

I would love to live on a lake too!

chantal marie said...

finding yourself again is no easy feat....good for you! and i love that psalm. so good :)