Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Game Plan for GFC Going Away

As a fairly new blogger, I can't deny that I'm a little squeamish about Google Friend Connect going away on March 1st. Which by the way March 1st is this Thursday! Eek!! I still feel like I don't know all the details about how this will affect my blog. I'm just hoping that it doesn't cause me to lose any of my follower friends. #1 I can't afford to lose any because I don't have many and #2 I love all my bloggy friends and I don't want to lose touch with anyone.

I joined Linky Followers - but I'm not crazy about it so far. I had signed up on BlogLovin', but I haven't really used it yet. I'm not sure which one I should go with - any advice???

You can always find me on Twitter too!

Those of you who are Blogger people - what is your game plan for GFC going away? Help me!

3 comments:

Cami said...

For now - for those who use Blogger - we will not lose GFC on March 1.

That's just for non-blogger users.

From what I understand :)

Taylor @ Pink Heels Pink Truck said...

What Cami said is correct. GFC is only going to affect those that are your friends through other sites such as Wordpress, etc. (So go try and get those Wordpress peeps over here!)...just kidding! I know there are pros and cons to both. I am sad that it is going away as well. Something else Google is getting rid of which I don't understand, especially if people are liking/using it. I joined bloglovin' but I haven't seen that it has helped at all. I like to keep track of who might potentially be following me, so hopefully someone else will invent something really cool soon!!

CeCe said...

WHAT??? Google friend connect is going away!! I had no idea.