Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

Motivational Monday

The countdown to my birthday is officially ON - 30 days! I still can't decide if that's something I want to be excited about this year or not. I have SUCH mixed feelings this year!! My birthday is usually a huge deal to me. September is my favorite month - we get football, fall and my birthday. This year just feels different, less exciting and scary. Hopefully the closer it gets, the more excited I will get. Birthdays were made to be celebrated, right??
 
Since my weekend was pretty uneventful, I wanted to share a couple motivational things this morning. First, I have slowly become obsessed with Alex and Ani. I want one of their bracelets sooooo bad! I might have to treat myself for a little birthday gift. If you follow them on Facebook or Instagram, they are always posting motivational quotes. This one last week was spot on for me. So simple, yet so true.
 
One of my good friends, who also happens to be my pastor's wife, shared this week me last week. Last night I listened to it again, and wanted to share it with you guys. Have you ever heard of Andy Stanley? He's a pastor at a church in Atlanta. For some reason I can't get the video the embed here, but if you are SINGLE and find yourself wondering what God has in store for your love life LISTEN TO THIS! http://yourmove.is/watch/the-new-rules-for-love-sex-and-dating/ It's a 4 part series, and I am so intrigued by the way he breaks things down. I know that I often find myself thinking about what's next for me, and falling victim to the  "right person will fix everything" way of thinking. 
 
Happy Monday loves!
 
Photobucket

20 comments:

Erin @ Sugar Magnolia said...

Yay getting close!!

Anonymous said...

September is the best month for a birthday. :)

Pamela said...

ahhh, you're a September baby toooo! :) Yayyyy! LOVE that quote!

Whitney Leigh said...

that quote is awesome.

I read one on pinterest that hit me in an interesting way it said, "the struggle is often the most interesting part of the story." and I was like, "yeah. No one wants to hear a story about someone with a perfect life." It's about how you take the struggles head on and let them change you for the better. that's the part of the story that everyone wants to hear.

Erin @ Happily Obsessed said...

Eeekkk...BURFDAY MONTH!!! You better get your hot little ass excited!!! XoXo

Amanda aka Manda said...

I loved that alex and ani post too! So true! And I love that series by Angy Stanley. Started listing to them again this morning bc of you mentioning them last night!

As for your birthday....you better get excited lady! So many things to look forward too!!!

Jackie said...

Yay for Fall babies. Although I am not thrilled about being 29 this year, not going to lie. Also- I watched the first part of that series. Where do you find these things? Seriously glad you posted it. Got me thinking!

Vett Vandiver said...

thank you for this motivation!

Alyssa said...

My birthday is in September too, such a great birthday month!

TheTinyHeart said...

You should definitely get excited for your birthday...it's something to celebrate!

-Sharon
The Tiny Heart
JCrew Giveaway!

Anonymous said...

yayyyy birthday buds!

at least now I know what's on your wishlist;)

Kenya said...

My birthday count is on too. I have 1 day left! LOL

Nikki said...

I just got 3 new Alex and Ani bracelets! One I got was a the paw print one LOVE IT!

Life With Lauren said...

Love the quote. 30 day countdown ... so fun!

Fran @ Sassy Southern Bride said...

I am so ready for fall weather and football. And girl, get excited for your birthday!

SHUG IN BOOTS {Beth} said...

Stay positive, shug! I turned 30 this year. Some days, I focus on all the stuff I don't have and haven't accomplished. But, if I can stop being negative and poopy, I notice that things are kinda lookin' up around here, and I can focus on the awesome! Happy almost birthday!

Helene in Between said...

yay 30 days away!!!

Unknown said...

Love this!! Happy Monday!

Unknown said...

Girl, our birthday is going to be great! ;-)

Jamie said...

I want a couple of Alex and Ani bracelets too!