Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Work In Progress

This was originally my post for yesterday for Motivational Monday, but I had to get all that Miley and JT biz off my chest! So now it's Tuesday and here's your self help tip of the week. You're welcome.
 
Soul searching - it's a necessary evil. I call it evil because it can be hard and let's face it - the truth can flat out hurt.  You don't have to go deep (THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID) to find out things about yourself. I love self help, if you haven't noticed. I believe we can always improve on our weaknesses and we are eternal works in progress.
 
So let's discuss a few of my weaknesses I need to work on:
I am promoter of raw honesty, transparency, good karma and never ending faith that things will work out. Which to me is a strength, but not everyone appreciates this quality - especially the raw honestly part.
Work on delivery.
 
I am a Virgo to my very core. I like to avoid feelings, but I will explode with them eventually. I am not an overshare-er with personal information, but I will blab for days about anything insignificant. I am often guarded and passive at first, but once I let you in I am fiercely loyal to you. But I have the good Virgo qualities too!
Let your guard down, trust your instincts about people.
 
 
I am stubborn, very stubborn & impatient.
Compromise, learn to work at a pace different than my own, value things that make a long wait worthwhile.
 
I can be witty at other people's expense.
Stop being an asshole.
 
I have grown a lot in the past year as an independent female and I can honestly say that I have focused on these (and other) categories. Except for the last one....that's a damn tough one! My sarcastic ass cannot stop cracking jokes. BUT I'LL WORK ON IT! Usually I just surround myself with people who can take a joke. Patience is a huge one for me that I can never seem to tackle correctly.
 
So tell me what are your tips for self reflection and more importantly tell me how to grow some patience and TELL ME NOW! Kidding...
 

22 comments:

SHUG IN BOOTS {Beth} said...

Girrrrrrrrl, I know our situations are different, but did you get into my brain today to write this post?

Anonymous said...

I love this! We have a lot in common!

Erin @ Happily Obsessed said...

Ahhh....patience WTH is that?! You have come a long way sister and you may have some more work to do but don't we all. You can hold you head up high and be confident in who you are and at the end of the day that is what matters!!!

I am totally sending that first pic to one of my besties that is going through a divorce she will need that!!

XoXo

Jordan said...

Patience is not something I carry gracefully so I definitely can't help you there. I will say that it's been extremely inspiring watching you rise from a tough time. You are so strong and I glad to have you as a friend because you always have the best advice! Whatever you are doing, keep doing it.

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

I'm a Taurus, but I'm soooo impatient!

Amanda aka Manda said...

I love this post. I too am big into self help/improving one's self...even though I'm not the best at executing it sometimes. I'm a typical cancer- very sensitive and fiercely loyal, but tend to trust to easily and to over share. It's funny how sometimes we really are like the zodiacs describe us! I love your honesty! I tend to hold back sometimes (ok most of the time), as to avoid conflict. So sometimes I wish I could just be 100% honest with people. I'm super, super bad about patience as well. SUPER bad! I'm trying to work on that too!

Charlotte Hayes said...

This post has made me go look up different characteristics for my sign (Sagittarius). Thanks for sharing!

<3, Charlotte

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

As a fellow Virgo, I can relate!! Sometimes I am too blunt and to the point (efficient) and people want more fluff. So hard for us Virgos. Let me know when you figure out the patience thing, I need to work on that too!!

Mrs Independent said...

I hear you! An important lesson I've learned is that sometimes sparing someone's feelings is more important than being right.

That one took a LONG time to learn.

Unknown said...

Whhhhat is this patience thing you speak of?!? Kidding. Kind of - I'm still working on it. When I figure out some witty quote for you, I'll let you know.
xoxx

Why Girls Are Weird said...

As a fellow virgo, I totally could have written this myself!

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

Okay but what is patience? Am I supposed to have some? Because I sure as hell don't.

Jackie said...

I am definitely stubborn and impatient to the max. It's bad!

Rachel Sedaker said...

I really appreciate this post. Patience is rough. I consider myself to be a patient person, but even then, I feel my patience is always being tested. I think true patience comes from surrender- having faith that things will come when the time is right. And surrender, for a stubborn person especially, can be really hard.

Ashley said...

haha your witty commentary cracked me up.

i personally adore some raw honesty and sarcasm - don't change too much friend ;)

Laura Darling said...

This is all so true. I love that quote about waiting!!

Unknown said...

sounds like virgos and capricorns are pretty similar!
This is great and really inspiring - even your 'that's what she said' ;)

P!nky said...

Great great post! I love your rawness and honesty so don't ever change.

Being an independent female is such a learning experience and you're totally kicking ass at it!

xoxo

Because Shanna Said So said...

Ah, the dreaded self reflection! I have done TONS of this in my 30s. I have changed my ways, but not myself as a person. It's part of growing as a women and person in general. And there is NO WAY you can be an a-hole!! I don't believe it!! :)

Davida @TheHealthyMaven said...

Ahhh the woes of being a virgo! Fiercely loyal but far too quick to judge...Hoping that is something I can work on! When's your birthday? Mine was August 27th!

Davida @TheHealthyMaven said...

Ahhh the woes of being a virgo! Fiercely loyal but far too quick to judge...Hoping that is something I can work on! When's your birthday? Mine was August 27th!

Linnea said...

I completely relate to the raw honest issue. I too need to work on my delivery. I often forget that others may not appreciate it as much as I do.