Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Oh How Pinteresting: Wedding Wednesday Edition

 
Back to wedding talk today via Pinterest with a little surprise of my own at the bottom of this post. My wedding is 206 days away. The time is absolutely flying by. Major things that still need to be accomplished are finalizing a caterer and a DJ. I honestly never knew that DJs were so freaking expensive! It's insane! If you know any good DJs in the Knoxville/East Tennessee area then holla at your girl.
 
Here are some of my ideas for my perfectly purple lake wedding!

LOVE the ombre carnations!
Source: Jada hill via http://ruffledblog.com/purple-ombre-wedding-ideas/
You know I hate regular veils so I need other options.
Souce: Whitney Colleen via http://www.loveandlavender.com/2011/08/kristi-bonnici-headpiece-giveaway/
Reppin UT!
Source: Caroline Carlton via http://www.gartersandsuch.com/University-of-Tennessee-wedding-garter-p/tenngarter.htm
Cute idea to have a picture and About the Bridesmaids section at the reception
Source: Ashley Avila via http://the6chicks.com/2010/06/15/bridesmaid-love/
Gorgeous eye makeup for brown eyes
Source: Lauren Musec via http://www.iknowhair.com/popular-hairstyles-from-pinterest/
Perfect dock shot, I hope we get one like this!
Source: Brianna Blanchard via http://shelivedbythesea.tumblr.com/page/98
I love the simple flowers, with the bottles and maybe baby's breath.
Source: Ashley DeJesus via http://52flea.blogspot.com/2011/04/royal-color.html
Monogram
Source: Pamela Quijano via http://mypearlescake.com/gallery.php?recordsperpage=12&startrow=156&pagenum=
 And now for my little surprise for you...OUR SAVE THE DATE!
Source: Blush Creative Photography 2012
We ordered them last week so they should be in soon. I choose this picture because the water in the background and I wanted a really fun one on the Save the Date. Our photographer actually had me stand in front of Skye, with his arms around my shoulders and he would pull back towards him. It felt like I was going to fall, but I think it turned out pretty cute. I can't wait to marry this man! You like??
Photobucket

37 comments:

Michelle said...

I love your save the date!

Whitney Leigh said...

I got married before I had pinterest. I have to stay away from the wedding boards so I don't get depressed. haha
no my wedding was beautiful. but still. wish I would have had help like that.
and i love that dock shot too.
and your save the date? adorbs. love you guys.

Whitney Ellen said...

I despiseeeeeee carnations, but ombre carnations just changed my life. Amaze!

Kalie said...

Your Save the Date turned out super cute! And I love the "Meet the Maids" idea, such an easy way to include them more, and let all the guests know who they are!

Erin @ Happily Obsessed said...

Loving the wedding pins!! Remember to take it all in and try not to stress...I LOVED planning our wedding.

Love the Save the Date!! Uber cute!!

Megan said...

Awesome save the date!

I feel veils are so old fashioned, but I still like them. It's going to be an epic mind battle when it comes to organising my wedding one day

Nikki said...

The flowers are beautiful! LOVE the eye makeup! That pic by the lake will be amazing! MUST make your photog take that! And your save the dates are adorable !

Unknown said...

Super cute! And great ideas!
If you had a sec, would love for you to check out my latest style for less post!
www.nellecreations.com

Unknown said...

Ombre flowers? LOVE!!!! You're save the date is so so SO cute! <3

Unknown said...

Ombre flowers? LOVE!!!! You're save the date is so so SO cute! <3

Johlet said...

So exciting!

http://johced-ourjourneytoeverywhere.blogspot.com/
xxx

Britt said...

Love the Save the Dates!

Lauren Loeffel said...

I wore a UT garter, too! :D

And I LOVE your save the dates!

TheTinyHeart said...

Your saves the dates came out soo cute! I love those ombre flowers, gorgeous.

-Sharon
The Tiny Heart
Chicnova Giveaway!

bmwalsh said...

I love those purple bottles!

Your Save the Date is amazing. You chose the pefect picture!

XOXO

Janie said...

I love the purple carnations - and the bottle/vases too. I think I like the very middle "veil" the best. It's very pretty :)

LOVE your save the date!

Ashley said...

I got sick of doing my own wedding Wednesday so I'm now living vicariously through you! Your save the date is really cute!

megan said...

Love the save the date! I also like the idea of the flowers in the medicine bottles. Sweet peas would look really cute in them, too!

Kait said...

I'm going to be honest..I normally don't like carnations because they make me think of the flower section at WalMart..BUT THOSE BEAUTIFUL OMBRE CARNATIONS JUST MADE MY MIND DO A 180! So absolutely beautiful! I love all these pictures--especially your save-the-date. You are the cutest couple and I know you'll be a beautiful bride!

XO
Kait

Traci said...

love the save the datr! I also LOVE the section abotu bridesmaids.. may have to pin that one:)

Unknown said...

i love when people put information about their bridal party. it makes me feel more involved and included in the ceremony!

have a lovely wednesday!
xo, sarah grace

Carley Woodard said...

Like no, LOVE yes!! My dream is to get married on a lake as well. Love your wedding style!

Carley Woodard said...

Like no, LOVE yes!! My dream is to get married on a lake as well. Love your wedding style!

Carley Woodard said...

Like no, LOVE yes!! My dream is to get married on a lake as well. Love your wedding style!

Stephanie said...

I LOVE the save the date!! You're so stinkin cute! I've totally been stalking your pins too ;) Your wedding is going to be gorgeous.

henning love said...

oooh i love the purple ombre!! the different purple vases, a just simple but awesome look

Sarah Beth said...

you're save the date is so cute! Purple is my favorite color and i'll definitely have to use it in my wedding some day. How did people plan weddings without Pinterest?!!! haha

Niki {Glossy Blonde} said...

I LOVE your Save The Date!!! The purples are SO pretty. Loving the wedding hair and makeup too!

lori said...

the save the date looks amazing!! :)

and i love those hairpieces... i wore a flower in my hair after the ceremony too :)

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

all of this will go splendid with my beetlejuice pants.

Unknown said...

1. oh my god. that dock picture. breathtaking. you have to get a shot like that. i will be fake mad at you if you do not!! put it on your must shoot list NOWW!
2. your save the date = love!!!

i am sooo excited for you!! and those 206 days will FLY.RIGHT.BY!

Kathryn said...

Love the save the dates!

Jenny Beth said...

I pretty much planned my whole wedding from Pinterest.

A Brew of Blessings said...

I was obsessed with Pinterest for our wedding, as you'll probably be able to gather from the pictures ha. I had a similar veil expectation and ended up ordering mine off Etsy and it was perfect! Good luck with the planning, weddings are crazy expensive but in the end oh-so worth it :)

Sweet Carolina Grace said...

I love the hairpiece in the middle left! So pretty! And that lake picture is awesome - that would be really pretty!

Faith said...

i am loving your save the date! sooo cute!

and the headpieces that you are looking at for your wedding are so fabulous! WOW!!!

you are going to be one stunning bride!

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

Ah love all these pins!!! Great hair piece selections! I love them all! The ombré flowers are my fav!!