Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Weekend Update

 
Hello my little ghouls & goblins! Sorry - just practicing for my trick-or-treaters Wednesday night... We live in a big neighborhood we typically get a ton of little visitors for Halloween. I usually spend about $150 on candy and I sometimes still run out.
 
I had a great weekend, but didn't take many pictures...oops bad blogger! Friday night we had dinner downtown with some other couples from Skye's squad. I wasn't really feeling well, but it was nice to get out of the house and have fun with people who truly understand what it's like to be a cop's wifey.
 
Saturday morning I got up bright & early and did the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 5k. Then Skye and I ran around town shopping & we caught a late movie at the dollar movies. We finally saw The Dark Knight Rises, and even though I coughed through the whole movie - yes I was THAT annoying person - I really enjoyed it!
 
Yesterday, we did lunch with Skye's family for his mom's birthday & dinner with our friends. So as you can see, I had plenty of opportunity for pictures but just didn't take the time to snap any. I blame it on all the snot I STILL have on my brain from being sick.
 
The only picture I snapped all weekend...hanging out with my favorite little guy, Gunner


Mixing prints with my outfit today - if I looks bad I blame it on the NyQuil I took last night :)
All my friends who are in Sandy's path - I hope you are safe and continue to stay safe! Love!
 
Photobucket

21 comments:

anna lizbeth said...

love gunner! also love his name! so cute :) -annalizbeth

erica said...

Loving the mixed print outfit! xx

megan said...

$150 on candy?? Holy cow. I bought a 24 pack of Reese's because that's how quiet it was in my neighborhood last year.

P!nky said...

Great job doing the 5K, mad props!

Love the purple top!

Thanks for the stay safe wishes, I'm trying to stay safe!

xoxo

Whitney Leigh said...

Living in a college town- there were probably a total of four trick or treaters. haha we still live in the same college town, just a little north so it's more rural. But we live in a basement, so I doubt we'll get any trick or treaters this year either. So I'll just spend $150 on candy for me. :)

Megan said...

Love the outfit! Enjoy the trick or treating!

I don't think I would ever get myself to watch the Dark Knight, especially with the knowledge that the joker kills someone with a pencil

The Tiny Button said...

OMG $150! You must have them come by the truck loads! Loving that purple top!

Erin @ Happily Obsessed said...

LOVE the mix of prints!! Nyquil does you good!! :) Hope you get to feeling better!!! <3

Courtney M said...

I'm jealous you have a $1 movie!! When did it become an expensive date to go to the movies?? $10+ for a ticket?? GET OUT! I'll wait for it to be on video... Ok now I feel cheap AND old... oh well!

I like the purple & black! Good halloween-y colors.

Hope your feeling better!

Unknown said...

I don't think people understand how Halloween can be around my neighborhood. It is just like you see in movies and TV shows. No matter what day Halloween falls on we always have loads and loads of trick or treaters!

Erin said...

Gunner is a doll!!! :)

We have soooo many kids in our neighborhood too, SO MUCH candy!

Kiki said...

Even though you didnt have alot of pics you seemed like you had a great weekend! 150 dollars on candy, oh lordy!!! Gunner is a cutie and i like your outfit!
New follower
Xo
glammedbytarin.blogspot.com

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

I bought our H'ween candy last week. I should've sold a pint of blood before - so expensive!

Kudos on your 5K.

jes @ twosmuppies said...

i wish we would get a lot of trick or treaters! it usually just ends up being me eating up all the candy :)

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

If you have a cop I need a fireman and we could form a group called Guns n Hoses. I seriously cracked myself up! Love ya!

henning love said...

holy toledo you spend $150 on candy!! wow you must get a lot of kids visiting you, do you ever have any leftover?? how many pounds do that equal out to?

Ashlyn said...

I know I am the hundredth person to comment on this but...$150 in candy?? You are incredibly generous! This is my first year in a new neighborhood so I'm not sure what to expect!

Unknown said...

I'm jealous of all your little trick or treaters - we didn't even get one last year in our neighboorhood :(

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

Sounds like a nice little weekend. I'm the girl too with the cough haha

My-cliffnotes said...

Umm $150 on candy I wish that many kids came to
My house :(

Faith said...

you are so gorgeous! i love those earrings you are wearing!