Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Puppy Love

Everybody around here knows sweet Tilly! Today is my baby girl's 2nd birthday!
 
Skye and I were both saying last night that it feels like we've had her for way longer than 2 years. We like to call her our million dollar dog because she has put a hurtin' on mama's wallet since she came around. We've been through a lot with this little lady - sensitive stomach issues, getting attacked by our neighbor's dog and a week long hospital stay, hip dysplasia... we've had our fair share of battles in a short two years.
 
Before Tilly came along, we had another Pom that died in 2010. I was completely devastated and wasn't sure if I could go the Pom route again. We'd had our previous dog, Roxy, for 4 years and she was my first real pet on my own. I really love Pomeranians! I'd always wanted one and they are such good dogs with unique little personalities. Long story short - Skye found Tillly at a breeder in Nashville and we spent our anniversary in December 2010 driving to get Ms. Tilly!
 
That was her on the car ride home. We laughed so hard at her little poofy Snooki bangs. Once she pooped in my lap, I knew she was meant to be mine! :) Tilly helped me grieve the loss of Roxy and move on. She eagerly greets me every single day. She never stays mad at me for more than 5 minutes. She loves to cuddle with me.  She has the funniest personality and I wish that you could all meet her! I can't believe how big she is now and how much she's changed. She is my baby and I love her so much! (I seriously have tears writing this silly little post - all you dog lovers out there understand!)
 
Happy Birthday Tilly!
 


Photobucket

35 comments:

Sunkissed and Southern said...

aw happy bday Tilly!!

Lauren Nicole said...

yay! i love doggie birthdays! happy birthday tilly!

Erin said...

Happy birthday to sweet Tilly! Love the snookie poof bangs reference, haha!!

Anonymous said...

It's funny how dogs can help you cope with just about anything! Happy Birthday, Tilly!

Faith said...

She is adorable! Happy Birthday Tilly!!!

Holly said...

Happy Birthday to Tilly! What a sweet little girl she is!

Erin @ Happily Obsessed said...

Happy Birthday Tilly Girl!!! We call our Murphy our special needs baby - boy is allergic to the world - no joke and costs us a fourtune in allergy meds and special food b/c he can't have chicken, beef or rice. Have you read ingredients for dog food - they all have them!! LOL!!!

Sarah Beth said...

Happy birthday Tilly!! What a cutie!

Jennifer Petrie said...

Happy Birthday Tilly!

Whitney Leigh said...

She has one of the sweetest little puppy faces I have every seen.

Happy birthday little Tilly!!

Katie said...

our stories are oh so similar and we have an almost identical pic in the car with Rocky! Rocky says happy birthday Tilly!!! :)

Kathryn said...

What a cutie! Happy Birthday Tilly!

Brie said...

Happy Birthday Tilly!!!!

ty said...

You and I must be sparkle friends. I got my momma a another pom named Ruby to help her get over the loss of our 16 year old pom. Named Roxy. :))

Stephanie said...

Little baby!!! Happy Birthday Tilly!! Hawkeye sends you lots of love today.

Anonymous said...

I want to smush that little puppy face so bad I can't stand it!!!

Kait said...

Happy Birthday Tilly! She's so cute and I'm dying over her little poofy baby self :)

TheTinyHeart said...

Happy birthday, Tilly! The million dollar dog comment cracked me up...I can certainly relate :)

-Sharon
The Tiny Heart

Courtney M said...

happy birthday!!

Wine and Summer said...

Happy Birthday Tilly! She's so adorable!!

Jamie said...

Cuteness!

Unknown said...

aw sweet Tilly is a doll! happy birthday little one!

Anonymous said...

Miss Marlie sends Tilly puppy hugs and kisses on her birthday!!

Britt said...

Tilly is like my favorite dog after my own. She is so cute! Happy Birthday and I'm glad she was able to help you through such a hard time.

Traci said...

i COMPLETELY get it. Happy birthday!!

tara said...

happy birthday tilly!!!

C Mae said...

OKay from one Pom mom to another, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to little miss Tilly!

I have to ask, your previous pom died only at 4 yrs old??? What happened!?!?

I feel you with dealing with a lot of battles with this breed. Aspen was only 7 months old when she had a major patella surgery...

Jess Casey said...

Happy Birthday Tilly! My pom will be 13 on October 30th. He has been through everything with me. I will be doing a post on him next week too ;) Sometimes I think we like our pets more than people. Thanks for being such a great pet owner :)

Johlet said...

Happy birthday to Tilly!
http://johced-ourjourneytoeverywhere.blogspot.com/
xxx

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

Happy Birthday Tilly!! I so love the pic! Today markes the 6th year that I adopted my Pom/Sheltie, and next week he turns 7. My favorite saying is Dogs are family not pets, don't ya know?! So true!

erica said...

awww Happy Birthday to Tilly! She is adorable! xx

Nikki said...

Happy birthday Tilly! So cute! That was SOS sweet of Skye to find her for you!

Niki {Glossy Blonde} said...

OMG! I love her car ride picture!!! Happy, Happy Birthday Tilly!!!!

Anonymous said...

She's precious!

Amber Maddux said...

that is the most precious little dog ever!