Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Currently - October Edition

Listening - Bruno Mars, Gorilla. Throwback Dixie Chicks, heard one song last week and I've been obsessed ever since. Justin Moore's new cd, thanks to Amy! Lolly, Justin Bieber. JT.
 
Eating - Can I just sum it up to everything?
 
Drinking - Iced coffee has taken over my life. I say that and you laugh, but I mean it. Also, craft beers - pumpkin, peach, strawberry - yummmmmy. I've been sippin on plenty of Octoberfest lately too, but dang it kicks my booty!

Wearing - BOOTS! LEGGINGS - not as pants though.
 
Reading - Whispers of Hope - 10 weeks of devotional prayer by Beth Moore. Allegiant by Veronica Roth - last book in the Divergent series finally came out this week! Also, bought The Lincoln Letters. I love historical fiction books.
  
Feeling - Thankful. Blessed. Happy.


 
Weather - It's chilly now! Mid to low 60's during the day - low 40's upper 30's at night. Guess who still hasn't turned on their heat? This hobo is gonna live like she's homeless and bundle up for as long as I possibly can. Colder weather makes my work days really long and hectic though.
 
Wanting - SLEEEEEP! My sleep schedule is so screwed up these days. I wish I could spend the whole weekend sleeping.


Thinking - Let's go with making a conscious effort not to over-think.... I'm really trying to pray vs. react. Things to pray about: My mom's health is not doing very well at all, she's on her 3rd round of treatments for her lung cancer and it has spread a little so that has me worried. Boys, I've spent a lot of time lately praying for my future husband and oddly enough my ex-fiancé.
 
Enjoying - Trent Shelton - if you don't know him, find him here on Twitter. He is an amazing inspiration! It's pretty nice to hear a cute boy tell you that you're perfect just the way you are.
 

23 comments:

Duh! Danae said...

"Get really drunk" haha why do I feel like that sums up my life

Alexa said...

1. Trent is a CAAAA-UUUUTIE patootie!
2. I need to come back to Knoxville just to hug a Tennessee tree. And you.
3. I'm wearing leggings kinda-sorta as pants today, so I hope you'd still return my hug.
4. Gimme all the historical fiction!
5. Because we can't end a list at 4. Also there's currently a Book of Mormon Adsense thingy on your sidebar...mmk.

Rachel said...

My leggings are my pants today...no shame!

P!nky said...

LOOOOOOVE those tennessee fall trees!

Brrrrrrrrrr it's cold, bring back the heat!

Praying is good! I'll be sending a few up for your mama!

xoxo

Jordan said...

Sorry to hear about your mom. I will be keeping y'all in my prayers! It's a good sign that you've been praying for your ex... means the moving on process is in FULL swing. :) I think it's because it's getting colder (lol no it's not) but I just want to eat everythingggg. The struggle is real!

Amanda aka Manda said...

I think between you and Jordan, I'm going to have to read that book series!

Saying extra prayers for your mama and your family!

katelyn w said...

girl-im so sorry! i didn't know about your mom! i am praying for you!! please email me if you need anything! love you girl!

xo

two birds said...

i will keep your mom in my thoughts!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to look up this Divergent series. :)

Shannon Q. said...

I'm loving all your inspirational photo sayings that you posted. I like the one about learning about love when you fell out of love and the one about worry.
Hope you've had a good week!

Jaclyn Y said...

Iced coffee is my obsession in life. And that quote ..."I thank God I didn't get what I thought I deserved", I can't even tell you how much that speaks to me on SO many different levels!

xxx
Jaclyn
Http://www.loveandbellinis.com

Wine and Summer said...

1. Get really drunk...I love it!

2. Thinking of you and your mommy.

3. Obsessed with ice coffee. I drink it all year long, I don't care.

4. Haven't turned my heat on either.

5. Allegiant is amazing.

6. I love Gorilla, but I have some issues with it...

Why Girls Are Weird said...

I remember dedicated a karaoke version of There's Your Trouble to a guy I totally had a crush on back in high school!

TheTinyHeart said...

So sorry to hear about your mom, I'll be keeping her in my thoughts.

I would kill for it to be in the mid 60s again...this week it's barely reached 55 :(

-Sharon
The Tiny Heart

Kalie said...

Eating everything - current story of my life too. As I sit here after polishing off some Olga Snackers & a rice krispy treat while thinking about lunch in 40 minutes.

Jordon said...

I have never been much of a pumpkin beer drinker, but we went to a beer fest last weekend and I was ALL about it.. Along with every other beer they offered ;). Praying for you and your family!

Whitney Leigh said...

I cannot DEAL with Bruno Mars' Gorilla. That song freaks me out so bad. haha!!

And you are so much stronger than me. I would have died weeks ago if we didn't turn on the heat. And I'm still sleeping with four blankets and fuzzy socks.

Helene in Between said...

eating- everything, YES. i wanna try this pumpkin beer!

Anonymous said...

loving Gorilla and Justin Moore!!

I can't believe you haven't turned the heat on. I have yet to get my coats out, but I have been dressing for winter when going to work all week. Brrr

praying for you & your mom. :(

The Peanut Program said...

ok -- i HATE THE GORILLA SONG. HATE WITH A PASSION!! baha.

i'll be thinking of you and your mom <3

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

JTs new CD... Drink You Away. I still cannot stop.

Jackie said...

Sending you and your Mom lots of prayers. Also sending some prayers up for both of our future hubbys

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

Love old school Dixie Chicks and Iced Coffee! Trent is so inspirational, love that video! Hugs girl.