Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Thursday Things to Love

1. Too Faced Primer -  Primed & Poreless
 
My skin is naturally combination, meaning I have dry patches but mostly oily in my T-zone. Since I don't wear foundation, throughout the day I have to powder up and conceal blemishes. This primer is a miracle worker. It makes my skin more even-toned and helps me not to have to do so many touch ups.
 
2. Dirty Hair - {enter baby powder}
 
Man I love having dirty hair!!! Weird? Yes, but very very true. I am so thankful for the day that Ms. Kelly from MessyDirtyHair walked in my life and taught me a trick or two. I was a have to wash my hair every single day kinda girl before I started blogging. And the thought of that now just exhausts me. I try to push it as far as I can and I've been known to rock the 4th day hair. I've tried several dry shampoos but baby powder is my absolute fav for making the dirty hair look possible for me.
 
3. New Devotional - Whispers of Hope by Beth Moore
I started this 10 week daily devotional today with a close friend. I've never done a Beth Moore one, but I've heard she's nothing short of amazing. My friend who found this one for us has been a spiritual mentor to me over the past year. She happens to be my pastor's wife, but she and I were friends before I even started going to church with them. She has helped me so much with my journey to find myself again and helped me be able to trust in God's plan for my life. I'm excited to see what comes of this!
 
4. Local Celebrities
So last night your girl here got to meet UT Football Coach, Butch Jones. To you, this sounds dumb and perhaps non-exciting. To me? It was heavenly! I squealed and smiled too big for the picture, but I couldn't help it! GO VOLS BABY!
 
5. Leggings & Boots
I love fall weather and all the clothes that come along with it. Boots, leggings, scarves - sign me up! If you happen to see me around over the next several months, I'll be wearing some variation of these outfits all.the.time. My wardrobe staples will be: cowboy boots, riding boots, booties, scarves, black leggings.



  Photobucket

33 comments:

P!nky said...

Woohoo meeting celebrities :)!

And that devotional sounds awesome!

Alexa said...

Butch please!!! I still can't get over it. I would've been an excited mess! And girrrrl you know I rock the dirty hair. Like maybe longer than 4 days dirty some weeks... No shame here!

Rachel said...

Leggings and boots are the best. I got a pair of leggings at Target for $5.00..love them!

Stephanie said...

I use the same primer, I love it!

Pamela said...

I need to suck it up & try the dirty hair thing! Like you once were, I have to wash mine every single flippin day! UGH. So annoying & time consuming! I have had a sample body of Suave Dry Shampoo for a while now but have yet to even try it! The devotional sounds great!! Isn't it amazing having spiritual leaders/mentors like that in our lives!? I want those outfitsss.

Nikki said...

LOVEusing baby powder for my hair!

I need to find a new devotional. I may check that one out!

Life of a Little Songbird said...

I always use the baby powder trick! I hate washing my hair because its so long & thick. It takes forever to blow dry/straighten it. I have done a beth moore devotion before! Shes great! & if I could live in leggings and boots all year round I would! They are so comfy!

TheTinyHeart said...

I am one of those people that has to wash my hair daily or it's gross. I've tried dry shampoo before but it didn't seem to make much of a difference. I'll have to try the baby powder!

-Sharon
The Tiny Heart

Anonymous said...

I've tried the baby powder trick and I don't feel like it's working for me. Maybe I'm not using enough. Maybe I don't have the technique down. HELP ME!

Reba K. Writes said...

I've forgotten baby powder works for hair! Is that Too-Faced primer pink-toned?

Anonymous said...

I NEED to check out this primer!

lil desiqua said...

Ugh, I wish I could use baby powder, but my hair is so dark that it just looks like dandruff- ew! I love the fall uniform- easy and cute!

Helene in Between said...

ok, buying that primer. i don't wear foundation so i need this in my life!

Erin @ Happily Obsessed said...

That primer is a life saver!! I LOVE it!!!!!!! I don't use foundation either and this makes my face look so fab!

I just cant do the dirty hur thing. I try....I just can't. Unless its Sunday and my plans are to lounge ALL DAY long!

Unknown said...

I am going to order that devotional! I just finished Jesus calling and i am looking for another one!


xoxo

Jordan said...

YAY for fall fashion! Boots and scarves hooray.

Jay T said...

I LOVE using primer! I use smashbox because they have a redness correcting one. And baby powder for the hair is a secret more people should know about!!

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

You don't wear foundation, say what?! Lucky girl! Love the cardi and the brown leather jacket!

The Peanut Program said...

i LOVE primed and poreless :) i believe it to be one of the best out there.

Cassie said...

STS is getting some aztec scarves like the first picture with the blue button down shirt. GET YOU SOME!!

Erin @ Sugar Magnolia said...

Ahh so jealous you met Bruce! And dirty hair is the best!! With dry shampoo I will go like 4 days without washing it lol

Amanda aka Manda said...

I might have to try that too faced stuff. I have combination skin as well. It stinks sometimes. I totally use baby powder when I straighten my hair too. Loving the leggings look too.

Amy said...

Love me some leggings and boots! So glad it's fall :)

And that devotional looks awesome! Would love to hear how you like it.

Niki {Glossy Blonde} said...

I love fall and fall fashion sooo much! I've never tried this primer but it sounds amazing!! I'm definitely going to have to check this out! And baby powder is my favorite beauty secret! It's the best!

Jill @ Bluegrass Belle said...

In college I washed my hair every single day. I don't know how I physically managed that. Can't do it now! My favorite primer is Smashbox. I tried this Too Faced one first and it felt amazing! I think Smashbox helps control my oilies a little better though.

Jackie said...

yes to leggings and boots!

Pamela said...

that is one of my favorite primers!!! I used it up a few weeks ago and have been finishing up sample sizes - its still my favorite! I am all about my dry shampoo too! I only wash my hair 3-4 times a week! :)

Ashlyn said...

I am *craving* leggings and boots weather! Ugh, Florida.

But hey - have you used the Batiste dry shampoo? I used to only use baby powder too, but Batiste is the way to go. I wash my hair twice a week now thanks to that golden product.

Unknown said...

I've always been a big Smashbox primer fan but I keep hearing about the too faced so I might have to try it soon!

I'm not an every day hair washer but definitely every other day. I have long hair and am jealous of those that can rock 3 or 4 day hair but mine looks terrible by the end of day 2.

Young and Fabulous said...

omg that primer. I HAVE NEVER USED ANYTHING ELSE SINCE I STARTED USING THAT!! Its my absolute FAVORITE

love meeting celebs even if they arent worldwide celebs!! I am a total stalker of this youtuber i watch and shes going to be in disney the same time as me so i cant wait to look for her hahah

xoxoox

Janna Renee said...

Leggings and boots are my fave! I too, hate washing my hair on the daily, but I actually switched to Corn Starch. I like both for different reasons, but the corn starch has felt a tidge bit more natural. Either way, I'm totally team dirty hair!

Christina said...

leggings and boots are one of the only reasons i'm okay with fall approaching, haha! so comfy though.

Souha Eternal Beauty said...

I love to read your contents thanks for sharing. Fashion accessories online for women