Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Boob Tube

I played a little catch up last night with my DVR and Lordy I watched some good TV!!! It's season finale time which means BRING ON THE DRAMA!!!
First thing's first - the Real Housewives of New Jersey Reunion Part 1 - (wow, that's a mouthful). The NJ girls are typically my favorite and holy shit they did not lead me astray this time! Drama, DRAMA,  and more DRAMA! One of the girls didn't even show up to the reunion because so much shit has been started among the cast mates. Teresa used to be one of my favorite housewives, across all the casts. However, now she's turned into a snippy, jealous little backstabber. Her ex-best friends are against her, her sister-in-law can't seem to keep the peace with her, and her own cousin has nothing but bad things to say about her. All signs point to the fact that Teresa has flipped her wig, much like she's flipped tables in the past. Skye says it's all fake and set up...but of course he's just a hater. There is NO way that much drama can be manufactured! You can't make this shit up - I swear! I give it an A+!

Then I moseyed on over to the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. The drama just continued to follow me, even as I changed zip codes. The newest housewives on this season are cracking  my ass up! There's Dana, who is a brand name-dropper, flaunts her money and would eat a dog turd to fit in with these women. It's hilarious! Plus, she always seems like she's a little zonked out of her mind - which equals entertainment. Then there's Brandy - oh Brandy. She's the ex-wife of Eddie Cibrian, who is now married to LeAnn Rimes. Apparently, he cheated on Brandy while on set filming a Lifetime movie with the songbird Ms. Rimes. Honestly, I have no idea how else Brandy has money but somehow she's worked her way into the cast of RHOBH. Brandy is what you would call a shit stirrer. She is mouthy, unfiltered and kind of a bitch - as you can imagine she's having a bit of a tough time fitting in with her new friends. She accused one girl of doing crystal meth in the bathroom, and then called her sister a bitch - WOW! This season is young so we'll see how it plays out, but thus far Bravo is not letting me down on the drama scale. I give this episode an A all the way!

Next, I watched Most Eligible Dallas. This is a new show for me, and it's still in it's first season so the drama is relatively low. Two cast mates, Courtney & Matt did go on a romantic get-away together and manged to FINALLY hook up! It wasn't very juicy, but it left me wandering what really happened behind closed doors and/or what's yet to come. Another girl, Neill's, band finally performed and she was actually a really good singer! They had been talking her up all season, but hadn't shown me the goods. I was pleased with her, plus she's cute as a button. I give the finale a solid B+! I will definitely keep watching this show if Bravo keeps offering it.

Then onto Jerseylicious, which is losing it's grip on my attention. The season finale was decent and did offer some drama, but I do feel like this one is staged more than others. The characters are a little too over the top, and it just doesn't feel real. I am considering not watching it anymore at all. I give it a D-. One of the girls from the show did manage to get her own spin-off show, The Glam Fairy, coming on Style soon near you! I don't think I'll be rushing to schedule either of these for the latest seasons on my DVR. The good news is, that frees me up for MORE NEW SHOWS!

I got caught up on SisterWives too, but it wasn't the finale. They did announce that the newest baby will be a boy and his name will be Solomon, which I loved! This will make 17 kids total by 4 wives. I like Robyn (the newest wife, and the preggo one) more and more as the show unfolds. She's quite quirky, but I like it! I'm not sure why I originally jumped on this show so early on the bandwagon, but now I'm hooked. I don't officially know any polygamists (or do I!?!??!?!), but for some reason I don't view the Brown family so complete odd balls. Kody, the husband, is....er...different? But the wives all seem awesome and much to my dismay, very normal.

Bravo also reminded me about 200 times that The Real Housewives of Atlanta is coming back on November 6th. This girl is super excited about that! The Atlanta cast is probably my 2nd favorite.

Three cheers for GREAT fall TV!

No comments: