Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Redneck Wedding

One of my co-workers sent me this yesterday. She ACTUALLY attended this wedding over the weekend. Now, although I am a good little Southern girl I'm not real big into camo. I know it's a must for hunting, but I could really do without it for wedding attire. I have blocked their faces because these are real people who live in my community. I actually know the best man very well.

I have to give them props though for taking a theme and running with it. They requested that all the guests wear camo too, and apparently there was a sign that sign Our Big Redneck Wedding as you walked into the reception. And at least they had fun with it, right? What do you think about theme weddings - yay or nay?? Personally, I like theme aspects, but not a full out theme. For example, here I love the boots with the bridesmaids. That gives it a little laid back country feel. But I don't feel the need to go all out. {But that's just for my wedding taste.} I've been to a black and white wedding before and that was a lot of fun! Not an ounce of color in the place, which sounds drab but it was a neat concept. By the way, who says drab??? Apparently me! 

PS - Word on the street was that the groomsmen took off their under shirts at the reception and just rocked the camo vests. That's sexy, and you know it!


Photobucket

20 comments:

Erin P said...

haha...that's a bit much. There's a fine line between country chic and redneck! :p My step-mom's niece got married (although they weren't in camo) down by a ditch that they bushhogged and you had to bring your own lawn chair to sit in and they put mosquito netting over the food. That to me is redneck as well. I always enjoy a good laugh though - the show My Big Redneck Wedding is sure to lift your spirits if you are having a bad day!

Ashley said...

I think it's fun! A wedding is about the couple, and if that's what they wanted, that's what they wanted! I personally wouldn't have gone for a camo dress, but I give huge kudos to her for having the guts to wear one!

Brittany LeSueur said...

Ha ha! This is funny! Cute blog

poptartyogini said...

Well, that's something I've never seen before!! It looks like they had a great time and that's the important part. I like the new blog design.

Tamara @ Go Fish Style said...

talk about a theme! :o)

Unknown said...

OMG it's like something you'd see on TV! I will be sharing this my bridal party:)

Holly said...

Wow that is definitely a theme wedding! Like you said, I like the idea of a theme but not full force like that. The cowboy boots for the bridesmaids is cute but the camo not so much.

Lindsey said...

LOL! Gotta love going with a theme!!:)

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

Weddings wear looking like fertilizer is always a big hit. Hats off to them for being brave.

Cami said...

Noooo way...really?! I can't believe this is real life. LOL.

Makaila said...

LOL... ya, taken a bit far.. though those peach dresses with the boots do look cute! Camo tho, not so much!

Jaclyn said...

my cousin went to one that was hunter camo and purple. whoa!

Unknown said...

haha a lil much I would say!


$20 giftcard giveaway to SkinCareRx on my blog enter @alwayssaygrace.com

Sweet Carolina Grace said...

I used to work weddings at a Bed & Breakfast in Houston. They were always gorgeous, but there was this couple, who did it completely different! They were kind of a rocker/emo couple, and their theme was "The Mad Hatter." All the men wore hats, and the women either wore hats or flowers in their hair. Their cake was a three-tier, designed to look like the teacups from Alice in Wonderland; the bride wore pink Chuck Taylor's under her gown; and she walked down the aisle to "A Little Less Conversation," by Elvis Presley. So different, but she rocked that entrance! :)

Unknown said...

Oh my.....hey at least they both agreed on it, it must be true love!

Sarah said...

That is FANTASTIC! I mean, I wouldn't do it, but I like people who live out loud like that. I'm not a fan of theme weddings though, and mostly because I can't guarantee I'll like the theme 20 years from now. I have some friends who did a Star Wars themed wedding about 8 years ago (yep...jeez) and now they really regret it.

Unknown said...

I would be the sarcastic one cracking jokes in the back. I just can't take this kind of thing seriously.

Cherie @ Pink-Nightmare.Com

afraley226 said...

oh. my. word. Is that a cammo dress? Yes. Yes I think it is. And the accent color is the orange reflective vest color... oh my. I don't even know what to say. So I'm just going to say, wow:)

Unknown said...

I finally got around to showing my man and he loved it1

Sunkissed and Southern said...

wow, this is so bad! ha