Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

{InstaLOVE} Weekend Recap

Hi loves! I hope everyone had a fab Easter Sunday! My love had to work, but I did get to spend time with my brother, dad and step-mom (which that relationship is improving over time so that's good). I truly love 3 day weekends. This girl could really get used to working only 4 days week. It just feels so much shorter, right?
So, I have a few updates for you! First, you will notice that I am swapping buttons with some wonderful bloggers over on my right sidebar under Blog Swap Buttons. This is something new that I am trying out to see if my blog can support paid sponsorship. I don't think I'm quite there yet, but this will help me get there. If you want to swap buttons for free, let me know so we can help each other! Please take a minute to check out my Blog Swap buddies! Also, I'm working on a new header for The Pink Growl so I can finally update my look. I'm doing all this design myself so fingers crossed that it turns out presentable.

Next, I am quite sad to inform you that this awesome dress I showed you that I had ordered last week from Forever21 did not work out in my favor. Somehow, I happened to overlook the fact that it was a young GIRL'S dress, and did not even come close to fitting me. I took a picture of me wearing it just to give you a giggle - see the bottom picture. BOO!
Here's a peek at the rest of my weekend, in pictures. If you follow me on Twitter (@nikkib918) or Instagram (nikkib918), then you might have already seen these...
I spend my free time wedding planning these days, I love dreaming up these fabulous ideas!

I went and looked at my first potential wedding venue Saturday, this was one piece of it. AH-MA-ZINGly beautiful, rustic, and so perfect for a small town girl like me. Plus, it's in my hometown.

AND they have peacocks there!

my new phone cover - bling bling!


I went to Spirited Art Saturday night with some girlfriends. I'm not exactly the artiste! We had so much fun though.


My new polish from Pretty Blogger Swap! Zoya - kelly - love it!

And sadly, my new "dress" from F21, turned out to be a kid's dress. BOO! (please excuse my messy closet)



Photobucket

18 comments:

Ashley said...

Haha! I'm definitely amused that you bought a little girls dress.

But...it makes kind of a cute top?!

lil desiqua said...

That venue is so quaint! Love it! Especially with the peacocks ha!

Good luck with planning!

Erin @ Currently Coveting said...

What a pretty peacock. That stinks about the dress but maybe you can turn it into a shirt!

XO,
Erin
http://erinscurrentlycoveting.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

LOVE the look of that potential wedding venue. If we'd have gotten married in warmer weather I would definitely have been outside somewhere like that. So pretty! (and peacocks!)

Anonymous said...

I love that potential wedding venue! Just think of the gorgeous pics you'd get in front of that mill! Love the nail polish color too!

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Love that Zoya color, very pretty!

ms.composure said...

looks like a good weekend! and def LOVING that purple top you have on!

http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

poptartyogini said...

Bummer about the dress but at least you got a good laugh out of it. I really like the color. The barn looks like a romantic wedding venue. Looks like s winner of a weekend!

Lindsey said...

Love the potential wedding venue!!!

erica said...

How pretty is that peacock. I bought a dress a couple months ago from Forever 21 and it turned out to be insanely small - I need to pay more attention lol. xo

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

I am dying for your new phone cover :)! LOVE IT.

Anonymous said...

I am loving the wedding venue...I loved planning my wedding, I'm no expert but love weddings so I'm here for questions!!

Anonymous said...

I am loving the wedding venue...I loved planning my wedding, I'm no expert but love weddings so I'm here for questions!!

Cally said...

It does make a cute top! I blame Forever 21 for not being clear enough.

Dee {Strings and Buttons} said...

Love the wedding venue! So rustic and so beautiful! Sorry about F21. It's always a hit or a miss with that store. It does kinda make a cute top though :) Your newest follower here x

Holly said...

Oh I love that Zoya nail polish! I have yet to try Zoya but the more I see the more I like!

Sweet Carolina Grace said...

It makes a cute top! We used to rock the stretchy slant-cut skirts as tops back in the day, and nobody ever walked in with my "shirt" on as a skirt, haha! :)

Sherry said...

LOVE that phone cover and LOVE your new site design.